Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day people.

It's after sunset here now, Friday afternoon. The school term has finished and we have two weeks off. I need a rest! But difficult child 3 will have to get some work done over the break, he has a few subjects to catch up on. Thankfully, he has caught up a lot in some.

We spent today watching a film (for school) while difficult child 3 did a bit more bookwork (allegedly - I suspect he was goofing off a bit) and eating popcorn. That's the advantage of home schooling - popcorn is easily arranged.

This afternoon I was chasing around an insurance claim for mother in law, it is going to be a bit of a hassle. I've been taking photos of her fence which blew over in a gale a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow I have a meeting to attend, then on Sunday we're 'playing trains' which is something we do every month. So I need to get some sleep!

I'm about to head down to mother in law's for dinner. When I dropped in earlier to take photos of her collapsed fence, mother in law told me she was baking a pie for dinner, which will go down well. I'm posting now, because we often have no internet at mother in law's unless we piggyback on the neighbour's link.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:cheerleader: It's Friday!!!!

Good Morning Marg, I'm sure there was a big sigh heard when this school day was over - enjoy the two week break! Oh, and enjoy the pie!

I've a busy day planned - after I drop difficult child off at school this morning I'll be canning, what I think will be the last batch of triple berry preserves (blueberry raspberry, blackberry). The berries are getting uber expensive and just don't have that summer flavor. After that - which is a small batch - only 4 jars - I'll be making a Thai sweet and hot dipping sauce - about 12 jars. Christmas gifts.... Tomorrow I will actually can some peach bbq sauce. The last of the really good state peaches are in and I want to make sure that all my canning gifts have "peak of flavor" fruit and veggies :spaghetti:.

After that, I'm scheduled to go over to easy child's condo and work with her for about 2 hours before I go to pick up difficult child from school. She's having friends over for a party Saturday night and wants mom to help prep.....

We are in for another "summer" day - Temps around 100!! But we are promised a Sunday with a high of 70......

Have a great Friday and a relaxing weekend :salute:

Marguerite

Hi Sharon. Just back from mother in law's place. The pie was one of her best yet, we'll have the rest for dinner tomorrow night. "Mama Mia" started on TV a few minutes ago. Love that movie, such a wonderful summery feel!

Tomorrow is a heatwave for us too. I'll be in the air conditioning all afternoon and by the time my meeting finishes, the heat of the day will be gone. But it will still be a pleasant day. I wish I could fit in a swim - the water temp will be a very pleasant 22 C (71.6 F).

Enjoy your "jam" session. I love cooking jams and relishes too, for Christmas. I've got a huge backlog already though, from the farm-grown tomatoes I bought in bulk in Canberra during winter. And because some idiot poisoned a lot of tomato seedlings a few months ago, Australia is going to have a tomato shortage this summer. I have some tomato plants to put in tomorrow, to do my bit.

Marg

Finally, it's Friday!!!

Marg, sorry to hear about mother in law's fence and your upcoming working with the insurance claim. That's not fun work. That's also not good news about the seedlings. The tomatoes have been absolutely wonderful here this year. I always shift my menus towards tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes this time of year. I hope everyone can get caught up with the planting. Tomatoes are just too good to miss!

Sharon, your canning sounds wonderful. I bet that Thai dipping sauce is awesome, what a lovely Christmas gift. Its been so hot here as well. I know we'll all be glad to welcome the cooler weather.

husband has been in Chicago all week for a meeting and things have been rocking along well here until yesterday afternoon. We are having more work done on our house, it's always something with an old house - and one of the workman backed his huge truck into my little car. I suppose it could have been worse, but the entire front end is smashed (we're talking a big truck here), so no doubt it will be in the shop for some time. The company is taking full responsibility for the accident, I can't imagine why someone would back up a truck without checking their mirrors, and they promised me use of a rental car. We'll see.

easy child passed the 2,000 mile marker on the Appalachian yesterday. Right now he is anticipating a finish day the first week in Ocotber He thinks he'll be home in mid October ,as he plans to visit some friends in New York on the way home. We're going to be very glad to see him, but transitions have always been very difficult for him, so we are a little bit apprehensive.

Two of my friends have a birthday this week. We celebrated one with lunch yesterday, and will celebrate the other with lunch today. Did I say I love birthdays? It's always fun to have a girls' day out....

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today, with a few moments of peace and serenity for yourselves.

Valerie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

Marg - what a pity about those tomatoes! My God, who does stuff like poison food? I hope things work out with the insurance people.
Sharon, you sound very busy! I will be canning apple pie filling this weekend and maybe some escabeche. Enjoy - I love canning!
Valerie - Yeah for easy child! You must be so proud! Enjoy the visit.

TGIF for sure today! It's been a crazy week at work and tomorrow proves to be a very busy day around the yard. Lots to do, including painting and yard clean up and covering the pool. I am hoping that H is home with me. I am glad it's Friday and my work week has come to an end. We're interviewing for two positions in the company today and I think one of the candidates may be a good fit. Unfortunately, I think we will be closing another branch and waiting till next Spring to re-open. Oh well.

Enjoy this beautiful day!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning ladies, I posted yesterday but evidently it went into cyber heaven.
Marge, how nice that spring and summer are on their way for you. I really don't like dealing with insurance claim people. I always get the feeling they think you are trying to scam them despite the years of paying premiums. If I never have another homeowner claim I will be happy.
LDM, you are a canning fool. I can't even imagine. I have such horrid memories of canning that I absolutely refuse to even consider it. Too bad, I'm sure it doesn't have to be that bad but nothing was done in moderation when canning. It was days and days in a small basement kitchen with water boiling and steam everywhere, peeling tomatoes until your skin was irritated from the acid of tomatoes. Still gives my oppositional attitude a jumpstart. LOL. Have fun and what a wonderful gift for your friends.

1 day at a time, I'm so tickled that your son did the appalachian trail. He's my hero. Hope his transition isn't too tough. I know it would be a worry. My husband is going to be traveling and/or away from home from Monday until Friday for a long time. It's always nice to see his face when he gets here.

H&R, good luck with filling the positions. I'm sure it's tough to get the right person in the right position. Enjoy the weekend.

husband visited difficult child Wed. night. He is doing well and in very good spirits. I think husband enjoyed difficult child more this night than he has for a long time. difficult child joked that he is exhausted since he was used to doing very little. LOL. He is maintaining his end of the deal with working the program and taking care of the apartment. He still isn't so hot with money but we are working on putting tools in place that he doesn't eat every time a thought comes into his head. Learning to live within the budget. I'm still not sure how that will work.

It's still beastly hot but looking forward to the change on Sunday. Hope you all have a great weekend.