Grays Anatomy is back........

Nancy

Wow I just got it, I thought there really was 150 cc's of p in the bag but yeah he did change bags you're right. Poor George, really wants his Dad to be OK.

I think Izzy will start a foundation with the money to help kids (or anyone) who needs surgery but can't afford it. Then they will appoint a board and have to decide on which cases to take and that will be an interesting story line.

Loved this episode.

Nancy

BonnieJean

My girls and I blurted out that Izzy will probably pay for the girls surgery, as soon as the mother said the insurance co. wouldn't. It's classic kind of. And it's not like Izzy has plans, I mean she has 8 MILLION DOLLARS! OMG...The foundation idea is awesome! Perhaps being Izzy and the nice person she is, she will. ~shrugs~

BonnieJean

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I just got it, I thought there really was 150 cc's of p in the bag but yeah he did change bags you're right. Poor George, really wants his Dad to be OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Did I miss something? I didn't get the feeling that George swapped bags. I thought his joy was legit?

:confused:

Suz

ScentofCedar

George's joy was legit. He did not change bags. What he was doing was monitoring urine output. Had urine output been less than (is it less than 30cc an hour that indicates renal failure?) ~ anyway, had the amount of urine in the catheter bag been much less than it was, it would have meant that George's father's kidneys were no longer working.

So George was happy, and the dark haired ortho was happy, because George's father's kidneys were functioning very well, as evidenced by the amount of good, clear urine in the catheter bag.

That is why George was fumbling around so much, before he actually managed to hold the bag up so he could see how much urine was in there (there are markings on the sides of catheter bags).

He was scared to death to learn that his father's kidneys were no longer working.

What a good show!

Barbara

:smile:

Nancy

I watched it again and it does appear that George is pulling on the tubing tryig to drain the urine into the bag so I'm wrong about what I thought happened. I know all about catheters since my Mom had one for 8 years and we often did the same thing to check on the amount.

Nancy

BonnieJean

Nancy, Hmm George might have been trying to push the urine through the tubes to hasten its way, so to speak so he could get the amount right. I dunno....I do know the monitoring of the kidney output is SO important. My Tourette's Syndrome whose an LPN says the output/input have to match. I can't remember the details though...they have liquids going into him so....what goes in must come out, so to speak.

BonnieJean

O

OTE

About McDreamy being... well McDreamy...to Meredith. I also loved it when she walked up to him while he was working at a computer and said her father was there. She was obviously upset and he got up, turned around and focused on her. Come on, a guy who disrupts his work to focus on the girlfriend's minor problems while at work...

don't forget that it's first season tonight on Lifetime!

ScentofCedar

You are right, OTE.

It was especially nice to see this during the same episode when we also got to see McDreamy from the point of view of the female ortho who had been told to stare him down. You know, that typical doctor personna composed of a little bit of intimidation and alot of time pressure.

It is very strange to me though, that nurses are consistently portrayed as non-persons.

Sort of like in real life!

Grrr....

Barbara

:tongue: