Great resource: YouTube movie

WiseChoices

I have been watching this over and over and over and took notes today . This is so helpful and I would like to share it with all of you. It really opened my eyes and helps me to start living in the solution:

Jerry Wise family systems counseling
"Letting everyone around you grow up"

Letting Everybody Around You Grow Up

BusynMember1

The very title of this is where I think many of us made wrong steps. We wanted everything for our kids and for us to make it easier for them than we had it. Also parents back in the day did not worry as much about our self esteem or feelings so many of us (me) went overboard to make sure our kids KNEW we loved them by our deed and word. Or so we thought (me).

It didn't turn out so well for many kids who grew up entitled and associating money/gifts with love. Love and gifts are one and the same to many of these kids.

God bless you all today.

Beta

The very title of this is where I think many of us made wrong steps. We wanted everything for our kids and for us to make it easier for them than we had it. Also parents back in the day did not worry as much about our self esteem or feelings so many of us (me) went overboard to make sure our kids KNEW we loved them by our deed and word. Or so we thought (me).

It didn't turn out so well for many kids who grew up entitled and associating money/gifts with love.

Completely agree, as I wrote earlier today on the thread about "Dreading the holidays.."

Beta

I have been watching this over and over and over and took notes today . This is so helpful and I would like to share it with all of you. It really opened my eyes and helps me to start living in the solution:

Jerry Wise family systems counseling
"Letting everyone around you grow up"

Just watched this. You're right--this is excellent. I plan on watching more of his videos. Thank you for the tip!