GREAT Video on actual ways to stop your mind from causing you so much pain

BusynMember

I have a real problem shutting up my mind, but this has REALLY helped me. I can stop worrying about things I usually worry about now maybe 50% of the time. I am working very hard on this an d want to share. It is mindfulness in a way, but I couldn't do mindfulness without examples and I got them here from E Tolle. He has books about stuff too and I feel he can help people.

Silencing the Mind~ Eckhart Tolle

BusynMember

Sorry. This is not the one I really liked although everything he says resonates with me. The one I heard was different. I will go back and try to find it.

TerryJ2

Let us know when you find it. In the meantime, I am perfectly happy browsing through the ads underneath your note. Shoe styles from Sole Society. Browsing through catalogs and looking at pretty magazines calms me down. :)

Acacia

Somewhere - I love Eckhart, especially The Power of Now. I get his weekly free emails, which are snippets from his talks.

As long as we're sharing info that helps, I love Gabor Mate - check out his talks on you tube or his books about addiction and trauma: In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts and When the Body Says No.

Last but not least, I love The Courage to Change, daily readings by Al Anon.