Had something sweet happen today amidst a day from Hades

tiredmommy

Hades part: didn't sleep well due to a brief but strong pain attack... think it was caused by a sudden change in the weather. Then Duckie was quite pleasant (not!) this morning and we were at the doctor's office for her asthma/allergy check-up for over two hours. Went to Walmart for a few things and ended up with a horrible customer service experience resulting in me lodging a complaint with the corporate office. And I had to get Duckie properly dressed for the wake of one of her friend's grandmother.

All around rotten day, except:

I got a phone call from the bus monitor from Duckie's bus last year. She was very upset because she isn't on Duckie's route this year and wanted to make sure that I hadn't requested a change. I assured her that I was quite pleased with her and had just done what I do every summer: I called the Special Education dept (they handle the monitor assignments) and request that Duckie be placed on a bus that has an assigned monitor due to her epipen. This way she's on a bus with a second adult but it doesn't cost the district anything. I verified on Tuesday that this would again be the case in September.

Duckie's former monitor was so upset that she vowed she would get back on that route because she just loves Duckie so much!

Can you imagine? I was grinning from ear to ear! :bigsmile:

tiredmommy

It is wonderful. I love it because I have to spend so much time & energy of allowing Duckie to have natural consequences that it's good for her to have someone thinks she's just great. Period.

TerryJ2

Awwwwwww! That is so neat!

I hope it makes up for your crummy day. In fact, it should ... when you consider that the cust svc issue isn't an every day thing, and the lack of sleep isn't every day, and Duckie's attitude changes daily, and the funeral is just once ...
so in the long run, you are doing very well!

tiredmommy

We had another nice thing happen. :) Duckie's new teacher is having a meet-n-greet on Wed but we can't make it. So I emailed the teacher on SUNDAY and explained that we were unavailable that day and asked if there were another time we could pop in. She emailed back and was very understanding and promised to email me when she knows her schedule. :thumbsup: