Had to ask my son to leave on Saturday

Copabanana

Dear RN
I went back and added stuff at the beginning of my post after I read Deni's post. Please make sure you read that new stuff because I reconsidered what I wrote. Copa

I agree with Deni. Your son has demonstrated that he can stay off the pills, and prosper. This was a relapse, not a collapse. I am still so very concerned, but maybe that is a product of my own weakness. I don't know.

Last edited:

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Hi

It ends up the charges did NOT go to our card so that is all ok. Of course he was high when he did it.

He said he had some pills left over and knows he cannot take them because they make him do crazy things. Really??

He has an interview today for a pretty good job that would enable him to pay for the apartment on his own. He is still working at Amazon.

I have my boundaries up high and hard. He stopped by today to pick up a polo shirt for his Zoom interview and some other things. I am keeping my emotional distance and am very proud of myself to be honest.

It was a relapse. Will it happen again? I do not know. Husband has asked for his plan on HOW to cope with this. None yet.

This is his journey and we are spectators. He knows he did something bad but he is not on his knees asking for forgiveness as I would like. We only got "sorry".

I will keep you all posted.

Copabanana

He has an interview today for a pretty good job that would enable him to pay for the apartment on his own
This is the way to go!!
It ends up the charges did NOT go to our card so that is all ok.
How is this happening? Were you able to cancel them? OMG. This is so hard. I am reduced to moaning. And he is not even my child.

I think you are doing great RN. We are all of us proud of you.

He seems to be stepping up. You need not be the ones to step up. It's his life to make. I am so encouraged he is seeking a better job in order to do this on his own. For you, it is like a high-wire act. Or it would feel so, for me. But Deni is your guide here. To stay self-contained. To let him figure it out. And try to breathe.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We have not given him a definitive answer yet on the apartment but I believe we are moving forward. We are not going to let him be on the streets even though he relapsed and isn't exactly saying what we want to hear. We can supplement for one year and then he will be on his own completely financially.

What is the price of peace? We are fortunate we are able to help him out and we are doing it as much for us as we are for him. I know many of us here get that. Neither one of us can live with that and even if he was using heavily we'd force him into treatment and I'm sure he'd go rather than not having a place to live. This is a guy that can't even stand it when his sox don't match.