He finally seems to be taking things seriously

LauraH

My son got his 30 day NA chip Monday and today he started getting Vivitrol, some kind of monthly shot that supposedly blocks the cravings. Several people on my Facebook addiction support group said that it saved their life or the life of a loved one. He's been at the sober living house for 2 - 3 weeks now, has tested negative every time and hasn't missed a meeting. He starts a new job on Tuesday.

My husband and I came up with the money to help him catch up his rent, because he got behind due to things that happened that were mostly beyond his control and not his fault. But he and the house manager also know it was a one time offer and it's up to him now to stay on top of it. I don't mind helping him now because he is making such progress, he's gotten much farther than he ever managed to in Chicago, and is making better decisions for the most part, although he still to work on that a little. But if I were to do it a second time, should the need arise, then it would become enabling instead of helping. So that's up to him from here on, and hopefully he will continue the path he's currently set himself on.

Copabanana

I'm glad you posted. I just saw your post on the old vitriol thread.

I admire how much progress you've made, Laura.

As much as your son is doing better so are you.