He is in Rehab

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
the last week was so exhausting. I am a ball of unidentifiable emotions.
Son is in Rehab and husband did drive him. He had a last tangle with his girlfriend that was beyond frusreating. How cop mom even allowed acces to her daughter by my son who left her home with cocainr!!

I am sick with a bad laryngitis

Son could have called tonight and we didn’t get a call.

I am going to try to sleep.

Thank you all for your support.

strangeworld

I am so happy for you and your son. I'm sure you are a bundle of emotions. He is safe. He is away from toxic girlfriend and mom. This is a huge step and he has a real chance at becoming healthy. Hope you can now rest deeply knowing he is in the right place. Take care of yourself hope you feel better soon.

Sam3

Phew.

Virtually sending you some homemade chicken soup and a nice tall glass of my best Chardonnay (if you partake. Or the original, lemonade, if you don’t)

There is time for tomorrow, tomorrow.

Today seems like a day to be grateful that your son manned up (even though his back was to the wall). He could have bolted again. Thanking all the higher powers too.

You’re a wonderful mom.

Last edited:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Wow. You made it. What a long and distressing situation.......and YOU made it happen.

Take care of yourself, eat that chicken soup Sam made for you and take in all of our loving, healing sustenance.....we're holding you in our hearts LBL.....

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
You so deserve some peace.

You have fought harder than any mother I have ever met to get their Difficult Child into a program.

You should be so proud of yourself!!

When you see your son after three months of sobriety you will see the real person behind the mask of addiction. It will be a glorious day for your family!

Let the healing begin!

:beautifulthing::warrior:

Albatross

Phew indeed. It’s out of your hands now. Try to sit back, trust the process and get some well-deserved respite. Great work, Mom.

New Leaf

Oh sigh of relief LBL. Please take time to wind down and do something for you. Prayers going up that your son sticks with it. It is on him.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

pasajes4

Time to relax. I am praying for your son to take advantage of this opportunity. My prayer for you is that you will be able to unwind from all the stress you have been under.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you feel better after some much needed rest and recuperation. It is no wonder that your body said "Enough is enough!" and came down with something. This is often called a let down syndrome, according to a very wise doctor that I know. He says that once the end of a very long stressor is in sight, the body will give in to a virus to make you take the rest you need. It is as if your body knows you won't rest unless it makes you. Or at least my body knows me that well.

I hope you feel better soon. I hope that your son actually gets something out of this program, does not abscond from it at any time, and comes out a much improved version of the son you remember.

Many hugs!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Thank you all so much. Hubs and I are doing ok. The silence is eerily calm....quiet ....a little PTSD. Finally feeling like I am getting over my cold/virus.

Son can call but won’t because he is protesting not being able to call his girlfriend. He called once to curse us out.

We have had feed back that he is settling in and we known no news is good news.

His case worker is a very wise and caring person. I am happy she is a good fit for E. she has been clean for 28 years and has been working with addicted youth for 20 years.

It is just trying to adjust to our new quiet and calm.

We are planning a trip to California which is bitter seeet. It will be the first time we take this family trip without our son.

We will be visiting his God Parents and our dear friends.

It is so strange that during this time of post chaotic calm, the inability to cry is more distressing than all the tears I have shed. The tears will come in due time.