Hello everyone, I am new

Wish

Hi everyone, although I have been reading for quite a long time, I am new to this forum so please forigve me if I am posting in the wrong section.

Although I did have a "difficult child", (she is doing much, much better now in life, although there are some issues still), I am mainly here right now because of the family of origins issues that I have. I did a google search on some family issues that I was having and this forum came up but as I have been reading, I am seeing this is a forum geared to difficult children. So I guess my question would be if I am able to still belong to this forum just to be in other discussions such as family of origin or do I have to currently have difficult children issues to be able to be here? This forum is by far has the most knowledgable and intelligent people and conversations that I have seen thus far on the web. I hope I am able to chat with all of you. Thank you,

~Wish

Pink Elephant

Hi everyone, although I have been reading for quite a long time, I am new to this forum so please forigve me if I am posting in the wrong section.

Although I did have a "difficult child", (she is doing much, much better now in life, although there are some issues still), I am mainly here right now because of the family of origins issues that I have. I did a google search on some family issues that I was having and this forum came up but as I have been reading, I am seeing this is a forum geared to difficult children. So I guess my question would be if I am able to still belong to this forum just to be in other discussions such as family of origin or do I have to currently have difficult children issues to be able to be here? This forum is by far has the most knowledgable and intelligent people and conversations that I have seen thus far on the web. I hope I am able to chat with all of you. Thank you,

~Wish
I currently have no difficult children and am welcomed here with open arms, so settle in and make yourself right at home! :)

The Watercooler is so much fun! Always fun and interesting topics going on there.

Last edited:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Welcome Wish. Although we primarily focus on our difficult children, we welcome your input in any forum. Members who relate will come forward with responses.

Generally speaking, the weekends/holidays are a bit slow.......

I'm glad you're here.....we'll do our best to support you.....

Wish

Thank you RE, I would be more than happy to contribute by giving input/advice to parents who are going through a difficult time with their difficult children if I am able to.

Pink Elephant- that is really good to know that I have someone like me on here :) Again, thank you so much for the warm welcome, Pink!

I look forward to conversing with you all, I really do.

Copabanana

Hi wish.

Absolutely. Please post. Having been thru the difficult child gauntlet, and lived to tell, you have much to contribute to the rest of us. But we have members who have never been parents.

Many members post about their families of origin on other threads too, secondary to their child focused issues.

The foo forum is not as active as it once was. But maybe we can revive it. Welcome.

Wish

Hi wish.

Absolutely. Please post. Having been thru the difficult child gauntlet, and lived to tell, you have much to contribute to the rest of us. But we have members who have never been parents.

Many members post about their families of origin on other threads too, secondary to their child focused issues.

The foo forum is not as active as it once was. But maybe we can revive it. Welcome.

Copabanana, thank you so much. That is really, really helpful to know all of that <3. I look forward to being an active participant and member of this community.

Thank you again, everybody, for your warm welcome. The issues in my family are severe in nature and it has almost taken me under quite a few times, including very recently. I feel very lucky to have found this particular forum with members like you all (I've ben reading your stories for quite a while now). When I get the energy, I will be making a post soon. Even though we are annonymous, I do still get pretty nervous talking about my family because I don't ever want for them to see what I write because they would make my life a living hell for it, so I have to be cautious of what I say. Hopefully I can get over that fear the longer that I am here.