Hi from Rabbit

Rabbit

Hi All thanks for letting me join. I am a single Mom with 3 special
children But my difficult child now is my daughter(15). She tried to Kill
herself (first time) . She is now in the Psy Hospital up until now her special need was Asthma . She is coming home maybe even today and I am scared they only kept her 5 days
She will do to the Day hospital program. Again only a few days
I feel I walk this path alone so I joined this group for advice and support
Living At home there is her MR and Autistic Brother and me
other difficult child away at college Thanks Hugs Rabbit

BusynMember

Hi there, Rabbit. I hope you find a lot of support here. If you feel alone, just post, and we'll get back to you. You certainly have a special family. I have a child on the autism spectrum and a daughter who used to do drugs (fun, fun).
Welcome to the board :)

Andy

Welcome again! You have your hands full with your kids' special needs. I can only imagine how scary life is with your daughter these days. My son has never tried to take his life but he did get self harm thoughts that could be fatal and that was scary enough.

So, when she does come home, what are your plans around the day program? Are you able to be with her every moment or have someone to help keep her safe? I hope the psychiatric hospital has been able to stablize her - they won't release her until she is stable. Is she medication compliant so that she will follow that part of the treatment plan?

Hugs!

busywend

Welcome! I am sorry you had to find us though.

What have you done to prepare for difficult children homecoming? Any new rules, changes made?

Pookybear66

Rabbit-Welcome! I hope things work out for you and your family (((hugs))) to you all.
Just curious, which Asthma medications is she on??

Rabbit

HI thanks for the replies !! The only plans I have made are to watch her 24/7
and try to prepare her room . I know its going to be hard to watch
her all the time. she is medication compliant (I think she will stay on zoloft)
she is basically a very compliant child but sneaky. when she took the pills
she broke into the lock box to get them . the psch doctor told me not to hover
so much . I was in the living room she picked the lock to get into where they where. She tells everyone what they want to hear "I have coping skills now" I am so sorry Etc.. its going to be hard to watch and I am alone and scared Hugs rabbit

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
big ((((HUGS)))). I'm so sorry you had to go thru that. (I've gotten only notes that my difficult child wanted to either kill somone or die herself.)

Hope you find a solution to help difficult child out.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Adding my welcome-glad you found us but sorry you needed to. You will find great support here, know that you are not alone.

TerryJ2

Hi Rabbit, welcome.

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she learns something in the hospital. It's amazing how quickly they send people home.

Looking back on it, did she show signs of depression b4? Grades dropping? No friends or phonecalls? Just wondering if there's something else behind it. Like, is she worse at diff times of the yr?

How are the other kids handling it? How much do they know?

Rabbit

She showed signs of depression so I took her to the Psch doctor
and therapist She was on zoloft aprox 2-3 when it happened
My oldest is away in college (dorm) He is in a wheelchair, and
has behavior issues, and he knows what happened. He still does not call
much and partys too much. My middle son is too MR to understand what happened Thanks to all for your support Hugs Rabbit

smallworld

Rabbit, a bad reaction to Zoloft may have caused her suicide attempt. A side effect of Zoloft is suicidal ideation (there are black box warnings on all SSRIs prescribed for children). The bad side effects typically occur at the 3-week or 3-month mark, according to our psychiatrists. Please ask your daughter's doctors about this, particulary if they intend to keep her on Zoloft. She may instead need to be weaned from Zoloft and started on some other medication (like a mood stabilizer). How much Zoloft is she taking?

By the way, Singulair has also been linked to mood and behavior changes.