Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's back to work I go...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've been out of work since January 9th, the date of my knee surgery. Today I return to work...and I am not completely ready, but I can't afford to extend my disability (mainly because aflac denied my supplemental claim, bastids) and apparently, the office has gone to hell in a hand basket this past couple weeks. The bookkeeper in particular is being a real pita with me. That's another story.

My plan is to go in, take a break for my midday PT and then cut out early. It's just too much to sit all day, even if I get up and walk every half hour like I'm supposed to. I have the flexibility to pull this off, and, my brother in law will not be in the office today. I'm going to try and attack the most pressing issues and prioritize the rest in order of importance. I've been fortunate enough to be able to log in during my absence so all my emails are up to date at least.

So please wish me luck! I'm bringing my medications and ice pack with me so I can at least try to control the discomfort. Thanks!

trinityroyal

Best of luck Jo. I like your plan to prioritize the workload. Go easy on yourself. The mess took 6 or 7 weeks to make. Don't try to clean it up all at once.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HNR -

NO ONE.....and I mean NO ONE --knows EXACTLY HOW you feel ---so YOU stick up for yourself accordingly and do NOT be a heroine. ALSO you can and should ask for an appropriate TASK chair. Trust me there are certain types of office chairs that are GRADED for different hours of sitting - better office stores call them TASK chairs. You should not be sitting in any less than a 9 hour task chair with lumbar support, and arm support, and a foot rest for your leg/knee. THIS IS ESSENTIAL for blood flow to that knee for continued healing. I ABSOLUTELY KNOW what I am talking about here. Yes they are expensive, but YOU ARE WORTH IT. MAKE brother in law get you one - AND AT THE LEAST keep that foot/leg elevated under your desk.

As far as what people think? SCREW EM. They have NO idea that this is one of the MOST painful surgeries there is. The recovery time for you is different than their AUNT SALLY or UNCLE GEORGE. Don't be afraid to tell them that.

Take care of you!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
So far I'm hanging in there. I'm tired, my knee is hurting but I've used ice and pain medications. I have PT at 4PM so I'm hoping to last here till then. I'm sure I will pass out once I'm home later.

Star, there is this loudmouth that uses one of our empty offices once in a while (friend of brother in law's), nice guy, but a know it all. He comes into my office and asks me what my surgery date was. I tell him and he says, "Yeah, another week or two and you'll be all done with pain, be good as new. It only takes 6-8 weeks recovery"...I said, "Um, no, actually, that's not really true. It takes 8-10 weeks alone for the bones to heal, it could very well take 9-12 MONTHS for complete healing to take place. Hopefully shorter, but definitely not 6-8 weeks"...he sort of ambled away, jerk.

LittleDudesMom

Jo,

hope you are able to have a productive pt session after your first day back. Sounds like husband will be picking up dinner tonight on the way home so you can rest!!!!

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
JO,

Give me his name and address........I'd love to send him a large boquet of dead flowers and withered balloons that say "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PENILE IMPLANT AND HEMMORHOID SURGERY" - the card would read -

Guess you'll be UP and ABOUT in no time & SHOOTING the #)$( with better aim! CONGRATS!

WHAT A TOAD