Hoping that Emily is not getting sick again

J

joneshockey

Hello Everyone!

I could really use some prayers, fingers & toes crossings please... I think that Emily MAY be starting to have another Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) infection --- I saw a teeny, tiny bit of mucus in her diaper tonight before bed :crying:I am just bummed! She had 2 REALLY good doctors. appointments this week - Her nurphrologist said she was doing so well that she took her off her preventaive antiobotic on Monday and her urologist agreed with the decision at her appointment. today. Now what?? I guess its a waiting game. I am wondering though if the urologist saw mucus on the ultrasound because he did mention to me today that there was a 5% chance of her getting another infection, but that if it did happen that it wouldn't jeperdize her system at all since he basically disconnected it from her kidney. Soooo tomorrow MAY be an interesting day as far as what they will do, if it does turn out to be an infection.

Cindy

DDD

You've got my caring support through this journey. Fingers crossed that there is no sign of problems. DDD

Jody

Cindy,

I am praying for you and little Emily. She is such a sweet little baby. I am praying that she does not have an infection, and that you all can have some peace with her health issues.

J

joneshockey

I think that it MIGHT have been a fluke... she hasnt had any signs of mucus today --- she has been at daycare, but nothing has been noticed with the exception of her not wanting to eat very much. I am cautiously optimistic that we MAY be ok, however the not eating symtom is often the precursor to the actual event. I will keep you updated thru tonight and tomorrow... if nothing occurs between now and then, chances are good that it wasnt infection that I saw.

Cindy

J

joneshockey

Mucus has been confirmed... I talked to her urologist office and they are wanting to do a urine culture & putting her back on an antibiotic until we get the lab results (which will probably be on Monday). Let's continue to keep our fingers crossed that she won't get sick like before her surgery... her appetite is down, but her overall behavior is still pretty happy. I will try to keep everyone posted throughout the weekend.

Cindy

Steely

Poor Emily - tell her I understand her discomfort....I have yet another kidney infection as well. :(
Not fun, but usually if you get those antibiotics in the system soon enough, it will keep it from progressing.
I am sending positive vibes to emily that this will be the case. Give her lots of hugs from her board Aunties.