How are you imbedding youtubes?

trinityroyal

Hello Janet,

I think this is how you do it:

1. Go to User CP.
2. Scroll down the page until you get to the heading Miscellaneous Options.
3. Look for the drop-down list labelled Message Editor Interface.
4. From the list, select Enhanced Interface--Full WYSIWYG Editing.
5. Save your new settings.

When I set my options that way, I was able to embed YouTube videos directly.

Hope this helps,
Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
When you find a clip you want to add, just highlight the URL and paste it in your message. All you will see is a long line of computer gibberish, but it will translate into a video.

Or, here is my father in law

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ziwuIpnVY"]YouTube - Del's Beautiful New Wooden Machine[/ame]

Abbey

Last edited by a moderator:

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, he's NOT my father in law, but a clone. He is vexed on things he could do on his own...hence my husband. He's the same way. It drives me nuts. I'm like, buy a flipping clothes pin. You don't need to be Magiver (sp?) to figure out how to hang something.

Abbey

trinityroyal

No, he's NOT my father in law, but a clone. He is vexed on things he could do on his own...hence my husband. He's the same way. It drives me nuts. I'm like, buy a flipping clothes pin. You don't need to be Magiver (sp?) to figure out how to hang something.

Abbey

Oh. NOW I understand.

Your husband and mine must be separated at birth.
Mine's the sort who will Build His Own ETHERNET CABLE!!! When you can practically buy them at the 7-11 these days. If I didn't keep a tight rein, we would have furniture made of duct tape and off-cuts of wood.

I still think the dude's machine is cool, though.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet thanks for asking because I've been dying to know for awhile now. :D

Now, another question..............Does this also apply the same for direct linking photos so everyone doesn't have to click the link to see them??

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think photos are a link that they have to click on to see them. YouTube has set is up where you can copy the URL, but things like Photobucket, etc., you have just put in the link.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Got it...thanks! The embed **** on youtube wasnt working and the instructions I was trying to follow from vbulletin were confusing the heck out of me!