How long is it normal to be tired after bronchitis/laryngitis

BusynMember

Totally hate to sound like a hypochondriac because I used to be such a bad one years ago. I'm really NOT anymore, but I did want to ask my CD buddies if it's normal to feel tired after a bout of bronchitis (no fever) and laryngitis. I still am coughing a little. My voice is a little froggy sometimes yet. But I've been on penecillan now for several days and am better. Yet I just don't feel like my usual peppy self. I usually work out with no problem five days a week. It's a struggle right now. I feel worn down. I don't work on Mondays, but have to work Tuesday-Friday on the school bus and do NOT feel like getting up at 5am in the predicted rain...lol.

At any rate, does this sound normal? Thanks!

InsaneCdn

Well... for me, if I'm on antibiotics, I *am* sluggish. Feeling better or not... until the antibiotics are done, you won't necessarily have fully bounced back.

Once upon a time... I took six months to get rid of the last cough from a bad bout of bronchitus....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd say give yourself at least another week to feel normalish and to regain you're strength. I've had it take as long as 2-3 depending on the bug and how bad I had it. The bout of pneumonia I got while in school?? Took months to feel totally normal again. That one really did a number on me, but then I also had a really tough time throwing it off as well. It was one potent bug.

There are already a couple of heavy duty bugs making the rounds here, one is pneumonia. When people get them they really are sick and stay down for quite a while.

Maybe increase fruits/veggies a bit, listen to your body and take a break when it needs it. You'll build your strength back up. :)

Glad you're feeling better.

Hugs

InsaneCdn

MWM... I should have clarified... that was ONCE out of quite a number of times. Usually, I could be back "up" in 2-3 weeks, depending on how much of a loop the antibiotics threw me for. And I'm not a tough nut... when I get down, it takes a while to bounce back.

T

TeDo

When I've had a bout of bronchitiis, it has usually taken a couple weeks to get all my energy back. My doctor explained that until it is completely gone and I am breathing 100% normal again, I am not getting as much oxygen into my system as I normally do. Once the intake of oxygen gets back to normal, it takes a while for my body to realize it and start acting normal again. Until that happens, the body is conserving the oxygen it IS getting for the necessary organs. Does that make sense??

Hope your back to "normal" soon!!

BusynMember

Thanks all! Get your flu and pneumonia shots. Lots of horrible stuff going around (I work on a school bus...I see what's going on...lol). I don't get dragged down too often, but this one did do that to me.

Jim Taylor

Had acute bronchitis that required two visits to the hospital. Only a small nagging cough now but I have zero energy. Could sleep at any moment.