How often do you change the sheets?

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
We have a memory form mattress with the adjustable positioning remote control thingie. The elevated upper body position works great for me to alleviate night time heart burn.

Otherwise, I think the memory foam mattress is hot and gets way too warm in the summer. Keep in mind we have had ours for 9 years and I have read that there are new cooling technologies in more recent memory foam mattresses.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I tested a memory foam mattress in a store. Within about 10 minutes I was sweating. No way! I have a Saatva mattress that stays cook and keeps my back as happy as it ever gets..which ain't all that happy.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to post which brand of mattress we have. I will assume they were similar to the technology we all had publicly available 9 years ago. It has to be better now.

Janette Romano

It depends. I don't have a set schedule. It's more of like a do i think it's dirty thing. Like if it's cold, I only change them once every two weeks. If it's hot and I sweat a lot, I change them every week.

Pink Elephant

Weekly. When my kids were little and I was stripping cribs on top of beds, I'd always try and do two bed-sets (per day). Cribs were commonly stripped twice weekly unless someone threw-up formula or a diaper leaked (though rare), cloth diapers with rubber pants had a way of doing that every now and then, even if they were wearing a double.

Nomad

Staff member
runaway bunny...we quickly visited a mattress store and as near as I can figure it, the adjustable beds seem rather popular. The salesperson mentioned mattresses with gold or some other element in them that are cooler. I never cared for memory foam mattresses or pillows, so I wouldn't be inclined to get one.

Just curious...do you ever use the adjustments on the bed for other reasons than heart burn? Like watching tv, reading, etc?

Actually, periodic issues with GERD is my primary reason for getting one.

Many thanks!