How tall, or in my case, short are you?

Pink Elephant

I'm just shy of 5'8", though I always tell everyone that I'm 5'8". :)

As kids we had a babysitter who was 4'10", and roughly the same width. LOL!

Nomad

Staff member
I'm on the short side and don't care for it. If you can three pounds it shows up immediately. UGH.

Lil

5'10". I can literally touch my 8 foot ceiling in my house if I tippy-toe. :)

I used to hate it. I had to date men 6'3" or over to wear heels. Usually they dated my 5'0" friends. It was so unfair. Jabber and I are pretty much nose to nose. I don't care about heels anymore. :p

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When I hit full growth, I was 5'7" tall. However, a compression fracture of two vertebrae in my lower back, and increasing scoliosis has caused me to shrink down to 5'5.5"

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When I hit full growth, I was 5'7" tall. However, a compression fracture of two vertebrae in my lower back, and increasing scoliosis has caused me to shrink down to 5'5.5"

I was the tallest female in my family until the next generation came along. My sister is 5'2" and my mother was 5'2", but has shrunk down what SHE insists is 5'1, but is below 5' near as I can tell.

When my dad, who was 5'10, wasn't around, and after he died, I became the "family reacher". Now my niece does it as she's half an inch taller than I originally was and has arms like an ape.

AppleCori

5’2 and I like it.

Except, I always go for men that are at least 6’ tall and at least 200 lbs and broadly built, so “cowgirl” is sometimes difficult.

But we manage.....

Lil

5’2 and I like it.

Except, I always go for men that are at least 6’ tall and at least 200 lbs and broadly built, so “cowgirl” is sometimes difficult.

But we manage.....

:talkhand: Mercy Me!

I wasn't sure what emoticon to use. Maybe this one instead. :bravo:

Yoga, Apple. Yoga is your friend. :rofl:

At 5'10" the only thing I ever had to worry about in that area was grasshopper syndrome - a term I invented. You know how there is sexual dimorphism in the insect world - females are just way larger than the males? Yeah...dating men who are both short and slim just gave me the willies...no pun intended.
:embarrassed:

I bet SWOT never thought this thread would go THERE! LOL!:winks:

BusynMember

Heh. Tall guys seemed to like me. I was okay with any height as long as the guy hit 5'6 which was significantly taller than me. My husband is 5'8 and that's fine with me.

AppleCori

:talkhand: Mercy Me!

I wasn't sure what emoticon to use. Maybe this one instead. :bravo:

Yoga, Apple. Yoga is your friend. :rofl:

At 5'10" the only thing I ever had to worry about in that area was grasshopper syndrome - a term I invented. You know how there is sexual dimorphism in the insect world - females are just way larger than the males? Yeah...dating men who are both short and slim just gave me the willies...no pun intended.
:embarrassed:

I bet SWOT never thought this thread would go THERE! LOL!:winks:

Its not the stretching—i have that down—its the fact that i cant get both knees on the ground at the same time when the guy is too broad. My hubby has lost some weight, and its working out much better, now.

I love the term “grasshopper syndrome”!

Once when i was doing online dating, this guy contacted me. He was tall, but his weight was like 130lbs. I wrote back “thanks, but you are just too skinny for me”.

Yeah, i was hoping someone would be shocked. Or at least notice!

AppleCori

My hubby and I go to the gym, and we “trade off” the machines (use the one that the other has just used) so that we save time. Mostly, his weights are 150-350 lbs, and mine are 25-75.

The only machines that I use more weight than hubby is the hip abducters. The ones where you sit on the seat and push the padded weights either inwards or outwards. I can do 100 reps with 120 lbs.

Hubby doesn’t do those machines much, but he is in awe of my thighs....

Nomad

Staff member
I dated a man years ago that was 6'7". Half the time, I couldn't hear him! When we danced, I was barely above his stomach. I would scream sometimes when we entered rooms with low ceiling fans because he would always duck last minute before getting chopped in the head or neck. It was stressful! LOL!

BusynMember

Nomad lol. Brought back a memory. I had a one time date with a man who was 6'7. One date. I probably came up to his.....man parts. At the end of the date he lifted me up to kiss me good night. It was probably my only time that the height of a man doomed any further dating. I think we were both embarrassed. I felt as if his head was in a different world than mine!