How To Keep The Neighbors Dogs Out Of My Yard

Copabanana

I just googled the question. This is what came up on google: You will also have to post signs along the fence stating that it is an electrified fence. Fencing that is completely on your property and doesn't exist on any public road or fenceline is legal in nearly every state. This is private property, so you are allowed your own fencing.

I would ask an attorney. I think I would ask the attorney about advising the neighbors in writing, making note of the killing of your dog, and your fear. I think I might also go to the police and file a police report about the event. This happened to M's sister's dog. The next door neighbor's dog killed it. I think this is horrible.

I think you could also file a civil suit but that would cost money. This should not be happening. Nobody should have to live like this. I am sorry.

BusynMember

I would do the attorney too. Your poor puppy. Do you own the house? Can you move?

We just bought a house and the man next door had four huskies and a flimsy fence. Our dogs are our babies. We built a solid six foot fence around the yard. It didnt really cost that much and no dogs can get in or out. It is a chain link fence.

I wish you luck. I dont thinj that I could stand to live in a place where owners are not held accountable for their animals. That would be a big deal here.

The man next door to us was a renter and moved. We caught a break. Although his dogs never got past our fence. Please consider a sturdy tall fence.

Javajoy01

Own the house can’t move. They also dump bags of trash on the front lawn and it lays there for months and they never clean it up. We started getting mice from them and they are damaging our interior. The fence is a wood stockade fence but it’s all being done under the fence hence why we cemented. Since animal control and the cops did nothing I never bothered with a civil suite, most tell me it’s not worth it and that the court will side with them since my dog crossed under the fence and onto their property. In fact ac tried to accuse our dogs of doing the digging even though I have video of their dogs doing it. I’ve decided next time they dig I’m calling the cops and demanding they handle it. At this point to much time has past (happened in August) and I paid cash for the last dog and lost the receipt that proves how much paid (over a grand).

I would do the attorney too. Your poor puppy. Do you own the house? Can you move?

We just bought a house and the man next door had four huskies and a flimsy fence. Our dogs are our babies. We built a solid six foot fence around the yard. It didnt really cost that much and no dogs can get in or out. It is a chain link fence.

I wish you luck. I dont thinj that I could stand to live in a place where owners are not held accountable for their animals. That would be a big deal here.

The man next door to us was a renter and moved. We caught a break. Although his dogs never got past our fence. Please consider a sturdy tall fence.