How to remove the smell of dog poo...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
From fabric car upholstery. Specifically the front passenger seat.

Dog had an accident in Pat's room last night... Got all over Pat's bookbag and coat... But Pat did not notice (can't smell very well) until we got him to school. I could smell it but I figured it was his shoes and wouldn't be a problem...

Took Pat home for quick change and I gave the worst clumps a scrub off but couldn't see part of it as it turns out. I Febrezed the heck out of the seat too, then put a small rag rug on it so Pat wouldn't smell like Febreze.

But... There's a little left and it still stinks BAD...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd scrub with soap and water...........do you have a shampooer? If so, shampoo it with the upholstery attachment. Guessing it got ground into the fabric which is why you can't get rid of the odor, you're not really getting rid of all the poo. Know what I mean??

witzend

Try "Folex" Carpet and Upholstery cleaner first. (Most grocery or home repair stores.) Spray, gently rub in with fingertips, then dab up. I'd be worried about a steam cleaner attachment shooting the poo and the cleaning solution into the innards of the seat.

S

Signorina

Fire. The only thing that will work is to light it on fire. (Kidding)

Try Nature's miracle?

Alternatively, a little dish soap like dawn and water? Then blot the soap off with clean water and vinegar?

I have also used the Resolve carpet cleaning solution for pets - but only because I felt our carpet smelled musty and I wanted the best scented carpet cleaner in the store.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We shall see tomorrow... Used the last of the Woolite Pet... I had to be home to meet my parents for Rose (husband took Pat to counseling) so I didn't have time to go anywhere.

Car is now in the garage with the windows open...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Pat's room now smells like pickled orange dog fart. (vinegar, orange oil cleaner...) My car smells better, yet not back to normal. Ugh.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Trinity... I have some of this... It's called PooPourri. I think mine is Royal Flush scent. It's an orange-cream type scent and it makes me want to throw up... Because my brain associates it with last January when we had the norovirus. Diarrhea and puke at the same time is hard to forget, especially considering both ends cannot aim at the toilet simultaneously... I definitely don't need my car making me nauseated.

Oh, and the poopourri does work.

trinityroyal

Eeeew. Funny how our sense of smell is so strongly associated with stuff like that. I'd rather have eau-de-dog-poo than memories-of-diarrhea-and-barf too.

InsaneCdn

Car: (maybe the room too...)
Baking soda. Get the deodorizer-style box, open the side-vents on the box, and stuff it somewhere that air can get at it. It's amazing how fast it absorbs smells. In the summer (it works better in heat) you can sprinkle baking soda on the seats and carpets and let it sit for a day in the sun, then vacuum it back off.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
IC... Why didn't I think of that?!

Trinity - yeah, no kidding. Though the one you linked to seems to be a different scent!

L

Liahona

I was going to say odoban, too. mother in law worked at hospitals and that is what they use.