I am raising a metal head!

Dara

Sammy loves metal. He started walking to Anthrax, loved the tunes of Rush and Porcupine Tree. He has been jamming to Iron Maiden and yesterday he said " I dont want no more lies, I want classic, Dio" If Ronnie James Dio can get my son to speak in full sentences then we can listen to Dio over and over again all day long.... He even has this cheapo electronic drum set and he takes the drum sticks in the car to play along to the music and he says "lets rock and roll!"
I am raising a true metal head!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
There are defiantely worse things that he could listen too. Of course I think I would monitor at his age which ones he listens too as the language in some of those songs can be pretty harsh. JMHO. That said I still listen to Motley Crue and Metallica and AC/Difficult Child and the like.

Beth

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
So glad for you that something is touching him that way - Go round up the Dio and keep it going!!!
-Dara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Like a rainbow in the dark...........

I can dig up some totally heavy metal albums er.....CD's if he's looking for some good stuff.

ROCK ON LIL DUDE!!!!!

i would be ELATED beyond words if Dude liked Metal - as it is if I hear the words pimp, hoe, crunk, it makes me sick.

Dara

I think Dont talk to strangers is his favorite right now!
It is really funny because he is totally into the music! A lot of people ask me..is that ok? he likes such heavy stuff? My reply is have you heard some of the classical stuff, it can be pretty heavy too! I just am happy that he likes music so much! i was a music major in college and my grandmother graduated from juliard and played for NBC radio so it is in the genes!