Star*

call 911........call 911
:secret:

Let me tell Dude - THEN I'll share it with you!

I know the suspense is killing me too......pft.

everywoman

No fair----tell us, tell us.....please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top----I'm good at keeping secrets....I don't know anyone you know....

But, I bet I can figure it out....You and DF are going to make it official....that's it, isn't it. After the way he took care of you this weekend....and he vaccumed the floors....

Am I right, huh, huh, am I right....

TELL ME NOW!!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
ALL CHARGES DROPPED - insufficient evidence to proceed with a trial.

The now 22 year old liar who was arrested with Dude a year ago, was arrested recently on unrelated charges, and for not appearing in court under a summons for the alleged crime in which Dude could have served 30 years in prison because of this mans statement blaming Dude.

Apparently someone took our suggestion and actually went to the jail and SPOKE with this jerk, got a comparative handwriting statement and found it to be worlds apart from the well written and nearly prose-versed statment that he gave just a little over a year ago regarding his escapades and complete lack of involvement with Dude.

Long story short - Once the DA spoke with this nimrod - he either had to figure that the boy was a near college level composer last year and somehow fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down since. OR
He was lying and the police helped him with his homework a little too much.

Either way - after speaking with him in person? The DA called the PD and dropped all charges.

WE told Dude and his reply in monotone voice?

"Oh okay. (long pause) WHAT? You want me to be happy about not going to jail for something I didn't do ANYWAY?"

OMG - SOMEONE GET A CATCH POLE BECAUSE I am GOING TO NEED RESTRAINING.......

That and - He starts working for someone I know tomorrow - as a laborer who will be learning a skill.

With just about as much enthusiasm he said
"Well the man will be here at 6:00 - 6:15 to pick me up."
(disect that - I have a job, I didn't get it myself, I dont' have a car or a license, but I'm getting a FREE ride,,,,,,and I'm going to get paid."

What scares me even more about ALL of this - a couple things.

1.) In November when we went to pre-trial - the PD said "If you GO to jail today and admit you are guilty - I can get your sentence reduced from 30 to 15 and you'll probably serve 7 with good behavior."

2.) She really didn't do anything as far as we can tell - she never followed our lead on getting a comparative statment nor did she pursue looking up our witnesses - it really has been up to the DA's office all along. I even asked her what she did to get this to happen and she had no answer other than what I told you. So had I hired a 15k criminal lawyer - and put my house up for collateral - OMG I'd be sleeping in the woods.

NOW THAT IS SCARY........:surprise:(but not nearly as scary as what Stands thought) lol - still ROFLMBO

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS.........and the extra KNEE MAILS......

klmno

Star, I'm not normally on PE, but shoot, my son is out of the home now.... I just had to say Congrats to you for a job well done and Congrats to Dude!! What makes me the happiest in all this, besides him not having to go to prison for something he didn't do, is that he has really been trying hard and turning things around and doing well- he deserved something to go his way and let him know that life can go well. I sincerely hopes he continues to work hard and keeps trying and doing well.

As far as the system....well, you already know how much faith I have in it. There is no advocate like a warrior mom, and there never will be.

KTMom91

Oh, Star...that is fabulous news! I am so happy for you! I am so happy for Dude! Even if he isn't...

Wishing him a wonderful first day on the job!

everywoman

Darn---that was my next guess. You spilled too soon. I ran home to put that in and well...lift got in the way. husband caught your ear infection and so I spent 2 hours at Walmart waiting for antibiotics and ear drops....Why or why did I switch to Walmart pharmacy---I like my old, hometown guy much better!

Estherfromjerusalem

Star, that's wonderful news! I am so happy for you and Dude.

I also thought that the secret was that you were going to make it official!1

What an amazing relief that must be to you, after all you've been through.

Sending you a big hug. I hope your ear is better.

Love, Esther

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Starbie, this is just terrific news. Truly.

You must want to smack your difficult child upside the head for not recognizing what a gift he was handed today.......well, if you don't want to smack him upside the head, I'll do it for you.

Hallelujah!!! :bravo:

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe we should just line up the board aunties -

Makes you think - WHAT could be bothering him SO badly now that he can't get excited for this? not to worry - I shall sleep soundly eonight for both of us.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
He doesn't get it, Star.

Rob wouldn't have understood at that age either. "Years" mean nothing. "Consequences" mean nothing until they are subjected to them. The only thing that finally sunk in with Rob was actually living with the consequences that were threatened. Dude didn't have to live with the consequences of these charges so he doesn't understand how dire they would have been if his luck hadn't changed.

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
:windy:

That would be me releasing the breath that I've been holding!!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now YOU can breathe, sleep, concentrate...etc.

But um....as for the moron lawyer? When should I get there (with Cloe) to help cure her cranial/rectal inversion?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Star,
I'm not usually on PE either but am glad I stopped in tonight. I'm so happy for both you and Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

susiestar

Roll With It
THANK GOD!!! What an awesome thing to happen - truly prayers answered!!!! I am thrilled even if Dude isn't!!! It is so wonderful that the DA investigated this, esp as the PD refused to.

I hope and pray the job works out well and Dude NEVER gets into any trouble like that again!!!

I am celebrating wtih you, Star!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MUCH relieved board auntie here!! :D Wonderful news, fantastic, words can't really do it justice. (no pun intended)

As for Dude.......well, you know how kid logic works......he didn't do it, so while he may have been worried......in his mind it really wasn't going to happen....somehow the grownups would fix the mistake.

I'm just thankful for both you and Dude that they did. :D

Hugs