I have found serenity with H.

Steely

And you guys are so much part of it.
Thank you.
Evey smidge of advice you have ever given me has helped me to finally find my balance with the universe.

I have walked away from my parents, (literally told them I do not want to talk to them for awhile), and H.'s case (maybe someday I will re-open the case), and her estate.
I have just absolved myself, and now I am going to grieve my beloved sister in MY way. No things, no tangible entities, no parental constraints. She was MY sister........and I will remember her, and connect with her in MY way.

I cannot explain how much better I feel. I, once again, feel her spirit, her energy, her love - and it is unencumbered by anger, tangents, or complications. I have centered myself, and found my peace.

I have found a support group, and I will be attending soon.
I have lunch/dinner dates with friends set up, (a novelty for me).
I am having fun at work, (again, not the norm).
difficult child and I just had the best conversation I have had with him in months about none other than opera.
And I am going up to Oregon over the new years to celebrate H's life with my cousin.

I, for the first time in a long time, feel like I am on the right path. I feel empowered.
Thank God,
And thank all of you.

everywoman

It's so good to see that you are feeling more at peace. I know it's been a rough road.
I'm glad you are finding the serenity that you needed.

nvts

I'm so happy for you! You certainly deserve it (and so does H's memory!). Giggle, laugh and have fun! Go to lunch and DON'T FORGET TO ORDER DESSERT! The Opera?!!! Who knew!

Wonderful, wonderful news!

The best to you!

Beth

witzend

I'm glad that you are seeing a better life for yourself, and that you have found a support group. It's really freeing to walk away from the turmoil, isn't it?

:thumbsup:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Steely hearing the peace in your words is wonderful. I am so happy you have reached this place. I know it was a very tough road for you to travel.

And you are so very right. :D

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
Steely,

I am so happy that you have found your balance and that once again you feel connected with your sister.

You have had a really tough time, I am glad you are in a better place.

Love you!

donna723

Steely, I am so happy for you. That's wonderful news. You sound like your whole attitude has changed and that you have made your peace with it. You've found the serenity that comes with acceptance of that which you cannot change.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wonderful news, Steely.

There will be bumps along the way - days that you doubt, again - but have faith you will get thru them.

So very happy for you.

meowbunny

I'm so very pleased for you. Do celebrate her life. It sounds like she has left you so many gifts and memories. Use them to get through the bad days. Many hugs!