I have the worst news ever. He’s deceased.

lovemyson1

I am so sorry, lovemyson1. I too remember your son’s journey, and yours as well. He gave many of us hope and lived his new life with passion and purpose.

My son was just released from the hospital after spending 2 days intubated and a week in the ICU. He could have easily been your son with just a tweak of timing. As you said, with addiction a single mistake can have fatal consequences. I am so very sorry this has happened.
I’m sorry you had to go through that with your son. Thank you for your kind words. I’m having a bad day. It’s so hard.

lovemyson1

What’s killing me today, is that his car was brought to us two nights ago. This is the car that he passed away in. I don’t know what to do. I’m trying not to look at it when I go in to the garage to get in my car, but I just imagine him dying in the driver seat.

lovemysons

lovemyson1 ...
Gentle hugs for the deep pain you are in on this day.
I am so very sorry you are going through this time in your life...I wish I knew exactly what to say to comfort you.

What would your son want you to do about the car? I can't imagine what it must be like to have this reminder.

God hold you in His loving arms

JayPee

Sending good vibes...
Lovemyson,

I am sorry for your loss. Addiction is so painful. It robs us of our loved ones and robs them of their lives too. I'm so happy you at least had a few years to see him I'm sure as he surely wished he could have remained. Sober and accomplished.

There are really no words that will heal you but I do pray you lean on God. He will give you strength.

Prayers to you and your family.

Lil

What’s killing me today, is that his car was brought to us two nights ago. This is the car that he passed away in. I don’t know what to do. I’m trying not to look at it when I go in to the garage to get in my car, but I just imagine him dying in the driver seat.

Oh you poor thing. Call a friend, one that doesn't live too near you, and ask them to come take the car to their home until you are ready to figure out what to do with it! People always say, "If there's anything I can do..." and they mean it, but there's nothing to be done. Well this is a concrete thing someone CAN do for you! You must know someone who would get it out of your sight for a few weeks at least. It's a very small thing to ask of someone and they will feel better for having lent you a hand.

WiseChoices

I am sending you a big hug to help carry you a little through this terribly painful time and your immeasurable loss. I can only imagine how heart-wrenching it must be to have your son's car delivered to you.It makes his sudden death so painfully real. I am so sorry.

Albatross

I am so sorry. What a painful reminder. That is too too much to deal with. I agree with Lil about someone holding the car for you. Is there anyone you can call? Maybe one of his fellow servicemen?

BusynMember1

Perhaps have somebody else sell it and put the money into a charity, that he would care about, in his name. Just an idea.

I am so sad for you. I lost a younger child, a beautiful son. Cancer. We give to St. Jude in his name. We think he would have liked that.

I feel his essence often. It almost seems as if my little boy is sometimes right next to me. I believe I will see him again. You will see your son too and maybe you will feel him with you sometimes. I hope so. I find it very comforting.

God bless.

Triedntrue

Most of you have read my journey from several years ago. It’s been the hardest experience of my life. And then he got better God rescued him and he was a healthy Marine Sniper, bodybuilder had many girlfriends, friends that loved him and a family who adored him. But last month he showed up to a birthday party while he was on leave, and we saw the signs that he was using again. That night, he left us for good to be with the Lord. Our handsome, charismatic, buffed & loved son passed away. I struggle with sharing this with you all because I was so happy and optimistic about his future but I feel it’s my responsibility to tell you all because I know you’re going through it. Heroin and really all drugs are so evil. It’s truly unacceptable to me. Addiction is so very very sad. He had been 100% clean for three years and chose to party and I believe drinking was a gateway to the next level for him, he had an opportunity he took it and it was lethal. I don’t even know what words I have to tell you all about what to do about your sons daughters brother sisters husbands I just know that I am hurting so bad and that relapse is real. He literally was the healthiest I’ve ever seen him the day he passed away. He was honored greatly with a military honors burial and over 20 Marines came from out of state to pay their respects. He was greatly loved, he encouraged people, motivated people and was a light in this world. We are truly devastated beyond comprehension.
So sorry for your loss. I am glad he will be remembered as a great guy to so many and hope that brings you some degree of compfort.

Kalahou

Dear Lovemyson1,
I am thankful for your son's life. I remember your posts telling of him years back, and I gave thanks for him then and now. I believe the plan and purpose of his life has reaped rewards and will continue to bless in ways we may never know. It is always a painful but necessary loss anytime a life passes, as a part of us dies also, but a new part grows with a contentment of heart in making a peace with your son, and in glad thankfulness for his short life.
... Love, thoughts,and prayers to you, sweet mother. You will come through this.
... Take care ~

lovemyson1

Thank you all for your tender & thoughtful words. my son was so proud of this car he had really fixed it up nice and only had it for about four months. It’s not even paid off. My husband takes a lot of pride in everything our son did. It was his idea to have the car brought to us. I told him yesterday that I just can’t look at it so he covered it up with a car cover. I’m hoping that he’ll sell it but first we have to pay it off. I try not to look at it when I go to the garage, but yet there it is. Thank you all again for your comfort.

Nomad

Staff member
I’m so sorry. I recall your posts from sooo long ago. A long journey. Sincere condolences. Thank you for sharing this very heartbreaking and difficult news. Prayers for your broken heart.

Calgary Mom

Terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your son. It is the thing that every parent of a child with addiction issues fears the most. Please accept my heart-felt condolences and a big virtual hug. I will keep you in my prayers.

Copabanana

My son was just released from the hospital after spending 2 days intubated and a week in the ICU.
Dear Albatross

I did not realize that this happened. I am very sorry. You have been through so much. I pray that your son finds a way to turn his life around, and that you and your husband find comfort.

beebz

I love you, the forum loves you, your son loved you, the planet loves you, the Lord loves you, mother earth loves you and I send you every bit of my hope and strength from the deepest parts of my soul to get you through the next moment in time. ~beebz

toughlovin

I am so sorry..... I havent been on for awhile and just go on to see updates. I remember your story from a few years ago and I remember your hope and happiness when he got into recovery. I am so so sorry for your loss. Its all so sad. So I am thinking of you tonight.