I need a good kick

Wiped Out

Staff member
Seriously I have put on a 14 or so pounds of the 25 I took off the summer before this. I'm eating way too emotionally and way too much! Thought if I posted this here maybe I would be able to make myself more accountable.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Sharon--

I hate you "kick" you....

it's waaaaayyy too easy to eat junk this time of year with all the harvest and Halloween goodies around.

Maybe stock up on the healthy goodies - like crispy, juicy McIntosh apples. And spicy cider! Yummy, healthy and low-cal.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Does sound yummy!! I need to try more of that. The bad thing is I've been eating the non-healthy right along with the healthy! Maybe I sure try duct tape-lol!

M

ML

Go easy on yourself, you're still down from the summer before last! I know you can do it, girl. Let us know how we can best support you.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, I'm with you. I continue to struggle with the 10 to 15lbs I need to lose. There is no excuse but I don't have a consistent schedule and I am a creature of habit.
I been away from home a lot with one responsibility or another. It's almost impossible to keep the routine going.
I know you know what to do and you work out hard. Could some of the weight be from the muscle you developed in boot camp?
Set a goal. Maybe a beautiful Christmas outfit that you would never normally indulge in and maybe a special night out with husband. Christmas eve with you and husband and your new outfit to celebrate surviving this many years with kids. LOL.
I have a fancy/schmancy christmas part the beginning of Dec. I'm using it as a goal.
Now, get to work and do the things that have given you success. : )

Wiped Out,

From another emotional eater, I really know how hard it is not to fall back into old patterns/habits. I really like Fran's idea about buying something really pretty and looking forward to being able to wear it. I usually keep a special piece of clothing in plain view in my closet for this reason. When I'm at my lowest point and emotionally eating way too much, I'll force myself to try on my special piece of clothing. Sometimes this kick in the :censored2: is just the "wake-up" call I need to zip my lips.

Hang in there. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Think "baby steps." Hugs... SFR

trinityroyal

Sharon, you're definitely not alone in this. I've been eating way to much of way too many wrong things, and my waistline is showing the results. Here is what has been working for me over the past several days to get myself back on track.

I tackle one thing at a time, and work on just that for 3 days. (For me, three times is the charm for making something a habit. If I do it 3 days in a row, it gets much easier to keep up with it).

First change: I focused on drinking enough water. Just making sure I got 10 cups of water in each day. Aside from feeling all hydrated and fresh, my stomach was sloshing around with so much water that I didn't have room to fill it with junk food.

Second change: Ditch my midnight snack. Every evening, husband and I would sit down to watch telly and I would make a giant bowl of popcorn. Soon that led to eating chips. And cookies, and other junk. Right before bed. So the next change was to stop doing that. Cold turkey. I replaced my midnight snack with a tall glass of ice water.

Third change: Started knitting again. Strategy was to have something to keep my hands busy so I wouldn't feel the need to snack. For me, snacking is a form of fidgeting, so if I can fidget with something non-food, it's better.

Etc.

I wonder if a similar strategy, adapted for your triggers, would work for you?

You CAN do this.

Trinity