I need your support and prayers

MissLulu

As some of you might remember, Difficult Child is moving out this Saturday. He and a friend are renting a house we have bought as an investment.

With less than a week to go we find out that his job may be in jeopardy because of the Coronavirus pandemic. He’s been asked to take one week’s holiday (paid) next week because there is little work. At this stage there has been no talk of lay offs but if the volume of work remains low that’s a very real possibility.

If he has no job he won’t be able to pay rent! On this occasion it’s not his fault and we wouldn’t evict him immediately, but we can’t afford to subsidise the rent forever.

I am desperate for him to move out (even though his behaviour has been very reasonable of late!)

I’m trying to remain calm and optimistic and hoping that the job loss won’t happen but who knows?

In these times when everyone is so stressed I feel like this forum is the only place I can express my fear and not be judged.

Please, if prayer is your thing, could you add us to your list? I just need him to keep this job.

newstart

MissLulu, Your son sounds like he is at least trying and no fault of his own the job situation is a bit unsettled. He is young and there are other jobs for him to do when things get back to normal. I know you do not want to pay rent for him for the rest of his life. While renting our rent home, my daughter was working for a couple of doctors. They were not financially responsible and her pay check bounced. Because of her long history with lying and stealing I went to the bank with her and got to the bottom of it. She was not lying about her pay check bouncing so I cut her slack on the rent. I did not want to do this but I wanted her to live in that house and not come back into our home. Sometimes paying the rent to get them out of your home is worth every penny. I did not make this a habit, and she continued paying rent mostly with some problems here and there but she is back on track. My prayers are that your son can grow up and pay his own bills. Amen.

MissLulu

MissLulu, Your son sounds like he is at least trying and no fault of his own the job situation is a bit unsettled. He is young and there are other jobs for him to do when things get back to normal. I know you do not want to pay rent for him for the rest of his life. While renting our rent home, my daughter was working for a couple of doctors. They were not financially responsible and her pay check bounced. Because of her long history with lying and stealing I went to the bank with her and got to the bottom of it. She was not lying about her pay check bouncing so I cut her slack on the rent. I did not want to do this but I wanted her to live in that house and not come back into our home. Sometimes paying the rent to get them out of your home is worth every penny. I did not make this a habit, and she continued paying rent mostly with some problems here and there but she is back on track. My prayers are that your son can grow up and pay his own bills. Amen.

Thank you so much, Newstart.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
As some of you might remember, Difficult Child is moving out this Saturday. He and a friend are renting a house we have bought as an investment.

With less than a week to go we find out that his job may be in jeopardy because of the Coronavirus pandemic. He’s been asked to take one week’s holiday (paid) next week because there is little work. At this stage there has been no talk of lay offs but if the volume of work remains low that’s a very real possibility.

If he has no job he won’t be able to pay rent! On this occasion it’s not his fault and we wouldn’t evict him immediately, but we can’t afford to subsidise the rent forever.

I am desperate for him to move out (even though his behaviour has been very reasonable of late!)

I’m trying to remain calm and optimistic and hoping that the job loss won’t happen but who knows?

In these times when everyone is so stressed I feel like this forum is the only place I can express my fear and not be judged.

Please, if prayer is your thing, could you add us to your list? I just need him to keep this job.
Prayers coming your way. I am a bit of a mess right, myself. Expressing our predicament can seem like a monumental task.

I am a prayerful person, so you can count on mine.

MissLulu

Prayers coming your way. I am a bit of a mess right, myself. Expressing our predicament can seem like a monumental task.

I am a prayerful person, so you can count on mine.

Thank you so much, Blindsided. You always come through for me and I appreciate it. xxx

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
The timing is just awful. Our Difficult Child is in college full time and doing well. Now he has to do classes on line at home. We want him out and about and hope he makes friends or a girlfriend but nope, not in this situation.

I agree with the others that he seems to be trying to get on track and the timing isn't his fault.

I agree with Newstart. It's worth it for a few months!

Sending good vibes your way!!