I went to Al Anon

ksm

Yes! Going to AlAnon won't change what you are going thru, but it will help change how you feel about it. I went last night too! We always end with a little Sloan. "Keep coming back it works if you work it!"

Ksm

BusynMember1

Ksm, I am so glad it is good for you too. Today I woke up, said a prayer to God to watch over Kay, and then had my coffee on the deck, watched the birds, and felt happy for the first time in months. I hope my husband wakes up feeling great. He is still asleep. Last night after we came home we said prayers together for Kay and our grandson. And yes Lee too. Then we let them go.

I dont know how long this happy will last, but I am going into work for a half day then meeting a good friend for a late lunch and turning off my phone until I get home. If by chance Kay does decide its time to contact me, I don't want to ruin work or my lunch. My other kids never call during the day as they have JOBS!!

So I am feeling positive, not about Kay or my grandson, but about myself. The others in my group were all oldtimers and I got great advice from one. She suggested I should focus 90 percent on me and 10 percent only on other people. That is a switch for me, but I am trying it.

I loved those hugs last night.

ksm

I would like to say that it fixes everything! But it doesn't. Even though we may not have drug or alcohol issues, we too are in the "addiction" group. Just as an addict relapses, we struggle with our responses. But you get stronger and learn more coping skills. Keep up the good work! My husband and I are meeting friends for lunch, then coming home and fixing supper for our older grandson. He turns 30 this week and husband turns 75!

Ksm

BusynMember1

Wow! Have fun! Special happy birthday to your husband!

I dont expect it to cure my daughter, but I need my own way to deal. I found fellowship of others in tough spots very helpful. I had more success in one meeting than with my therapist. All of them have moved on and accepted. It helps to see that.

I hit another meeting Thursday night. I will keep going. I think my husband will too.

toughlovin

So glad you found a good alanon group. I have been going for years and it has been a huge help to me...didnt solve my sons issues but it really helped me find a way to really enjoy my life in spite of whatever my son is doing.

LauraH

Yes! Going to AlAnon won't change what you are going thru, but it will help change how you feel about it. I went last night too! We always end with a little Sloan. "Keep coming back it works if you work it!"

Ksm
That's how we end our NarAnon meetings too.