I yjust wanted to say "hi"

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello my cd family. I just had a second to stop in and read so many stories of members from my time that I felt I should say hello. I will always love you guys and appreciate the support and wisdom that we all shared. The truth of years tells me that issues may change but difficult child's are always difficult child's. We just hope to grow older with less concerns but in the end they will have to function without our safety net and security.

For those of you going through loss and pain and illness, I hope things improve and you come through the fire, stronger and better able to survive. Love to all of you.

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh Fran! It's so lovely to see you here on the board! There are very few of us "oldies" here any more -- in fact I think I have been here the longest!!! Although a lot of the members here have been here for years, but I think I have been here longer. When did we get to be soooo old?

I hope you are keeping well. I'll email you soon.

Lots of love,

Esther

Fran

Former desparate mom
difficult childs' is supposed to be difficult gift from God but spell check won't let me. Sorry. Spellcheck kicked my butt once again.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is wonderful to have you pop back in! You were such a source of wisdom and strength for me. I truly appreciate those gifts from you, along with the gift of this site. So, Thank You for that. It really meant the entire world to me. You even helped me figure out how to save BOTH of my oldest children (J and Wiz) without having to give either on to the juvenile justice system to save the other one. Back then I truly believed I was going to have to split my babies in half to try to save just one of them. You, and the other "old timers" who were around when I started, helped me figure out a way to save my children. They are both relatively happy and relatively healthy - and they are the best of friends as well as being siblings. Wiz even takes Tyler to play a role playing game a couple of times a week, and has done so for 7 years now. They are all 3 super supportive of me and each other right now.

I firmly believe that NONE of that would have been positive without this website. Hubby believed that too. He never posted, but he listened to things I learned and was willing to try. He also appreciated the gifts we got from here. I have tried to honor those gifts by being here when I can be. Because there are other parents who are floundering with their own individual gifts from God, aka difficult children.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thank you Susie, we did help each other a good bit. Fond memories of comForting each other and group think to solve problems. You were one of the visitors when Esther visited.

Estherfromjerusalem

I will never forget that wonderful visit, and meeting some of the people on the board was an amazing experience. I wish I could come to the USA again, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. You all have an open invitation to come to the Holy Land and visit your holy places, and you are all invited to stay with me in my home (not all at the same time!!!!!). Fran, I thought one day I would see you and your husband here -- have you got any plans to come?

In the meantime, I send you my love, and to Susie and Coookie and LoveMySons and all the others whom I met in your home.

Love, Esther