If you could be a brand new parent what would you name a girl and a boy?

BusynMember

For me it would be a name of peace for a girl. Serenity or Harmony or maybe a flower like Lilly or Daisy.

Boys are much harder for me. I will think on it and maybe your choices will trigger something.

ahhjeez

For a girl I think I would choose Skyler Grace and call her Skye for short. Or maybe Alexandra. For a boy it would Ryan John

BusynMember

I read the list of top baby names for boys in 2018 and I really wasn't impressed. Gideon popped I to my head just now and I like it. Gabriel maybe. Gavin. Still struggling.

Princess wasgoingto name a boy Ayden. Spelled that way. I really do t like that name at all. Sooooo common.

Lil

My mother's name was Emma. She hated it and always went by her middle name, but I love it. If I had a girl, she would have been Emma.

I had a name picked out for a boy too if Jabber and I had had children together. It's very common, Justin James, but I would have had to check with a cousin first, as it was the name of her deceased son. Not why I picked it, but when I realized I knew I'd need her blessing.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Since I was 16 I wanted to name a daughter Meghann after the little girl in The Thorn Birds... So I did.

For a boy - Nathan Joseph, after my two grandfathers.

BusynMember

You did give me ideas. I think Jonathan Samuel would be good. John was my husband's dad and my dad was Samuel. I don't like the name that much, but I would use it anyway to remember him by. I also like Nicholas which is my husband's middle name.

And in the spirit of remembering beloved people, I love the name Grace. She was my ex's mother and the greatest woman I ever met. I think for a girl Serenity Grace is pretty or even Grace as a first name.

Last edited:

Copabanana

Lily has always been my favorite baby girl's name. Now that my mother has died I might want to name a girl after her, esther. I loved that name for my mother.

It's hard to see it for a little girl in this day and age. Maybe lily esther. For a boy, harry, my grandfather's name. Harry William. My dad was William.

Gosh. I am feeling sad there will be no more babies.

Last edited:

Kathy813

Staff member
I would pick something classic . . . not trendy. I wish I had used names like Elizabeth, Catherine, or Victoria (famous queens). Unfortunately, I picked names that were very popular at that time and there were many other little girls with the same names in their classes all through school . . . especially the younger daughter. I picked the number one name used that year!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Belle named her new little one, but unfortunately it is such an odd name I can't put it here. However I'm not impressed... in my opinion it's a terrible name. But it's not my kid!