I'm really proud of my son

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Just wanted to offer some light and hope for so many of us on this thread.

My son came home on November 17 after being in a 13 month faith based program mainly for a pill addiction. Our home was in a new state due to my job transfer.

Prior to that he had been in and out of rehabs/sober livings and other programs since the age of 15 - he turned 23 in August.

We had sent him to Florida for sober living at age 20 after a 2 month binge. We needed him away from us. I needed him away from me. He did well for a time until he didn't. He did the "Florida Shuffle" for a few years. He overdosed once while there.

Fast forward to the present - he got a job within a week of coming home. He since has gotten two raises. He is now a driver at his company and making $25k per year. It's not a lot of money but it is amazing what he has accomplished so far.

He keeps himself clean and cleans his upstairs room and bathroom. He loads the dishwasher, he takes out the garbage, he does everything without asking. Last week he made me dinner twice. He is really showing how much he cares about us.

I was a nervous wreck before he came home. I was so very terrified. I cried a lot. I felt guilty . But I did not want to go back to the hell we had been living. I did not want to watch that bad movie anymore and certainly not again.

I am not sure what the future holds. He is not sure what path he wants to take career wise but for now he is sober and happy and doing well and we are taking one day at a time. I really feel good about it - more and more each day. I am letting go of my fear.

BusynMember

RN.....it is amazing what he is accomplishing. In my crystal ball I see a bright future for him forever. He seems like he has totally rejected his old ways. You have him back with a clear brain and a loving soul.

Drugs are evil. They stole him from you. Period.

This man you now have has overcime more than most adults of 40. He is strong and good. And you are too.

Hugs love and prayers!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Thank you all.

Please do not give up hope. I was very afraid of what his brain would be like if he decided to stop.

I can relate to most of your stories. We have experienced it.

We really truly did not know if it would ever end.

Protect yourself. Your suffering really does nothing to help them.

New Leaf

Rn, I am so happy for your son, for your family. For you. You have been through so much. Prayers going up that he stays the course and continues upwards and onwards.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy