Important Computer question

Nomad

Staff member
Husband and I were cc’d on an important email that was dated Friday the 8th. About 5 people were cc’d. One that made no sense in the conversation ...an engineer. ???

My husband received it Sunday around 5 pm. Until we looked at it closely, we just assumed it was mailed Sunday. But it was dated Friday the 8th. I saw my name in the CC and thought it weird that I never got the email on Sunday or Monday even.

But then I received it at 2:30 am on Tuesday...super early this morning. It was dated Friday, February 8th. But I got it today, Tues. February 12th.

So, an email dated Feb 8th sent to several people...the others seem to have gotten it on the 8th. But my husband got it 2-3 late and I got it about 4 days late.

To the best of my knowledge, the other recipients got it normal time....Friday.

Can an email be tampered with or codes put in or something to make it look like it was mailed to all the recipients at the same time, yet some of the recipients in the CC actually are to get it later?

I’ve never seen anything like this. At times an email will come in a few hours later than anticipated, but never several days or significantly different than others.

???
Thanks.

Nomad

Staff member
PS These folks have been communicating and leaving us out of the loop. This was sort of a final communication and the first time we were cc’d on anything which we should of been all along. How concerning that the email somehow arrived so late for both my husband and I. I literally got an email sent on Friday today at 2:30 am.

Nomad

Staff member
“Email clients are written to send mail to everyone in the To, CC, and BCC fields, but they aren't required to do this by any standard. ... It should be possible to add one recipient to the CCheader line of a message and ask the SMPT server deliver it to only that one address.”

I saw something that indicates it might be possible using sophisticated computer programming. A big maybe though.

Copabanana

So, an email dated Feb 8th sent to several people...the others seem to have gotten it on the 8th. But my husband got it 2-3 late and I got it about 4 days late.
I have been having trouble with email I send from my phone to my computer. It sometimes takes a whole day or more when I have the phone right next to me with the computer.

This has never happened to me before. I send myself photos. I assumed it was my cell phone provider which is Cricket. I don't know if you have it there. I think there could be reasons over and above tampering that could cause this.

You might acknowledge receipt of the email late (via email) and seek to find another way to communicate.