In honor of Nomad’s and SWOT’s 6’7 Dates...

AppleCori

And in honor of the weekend, lets all try to remember some funny, interesting, creepy, or at least entertaining dating stories.

AppleCori

OK, I have one....

I had this long-term boyfriend right before my current hubby.

He lived a couple hours away, so we generally only saw each other on weekends. We would talk/FaceTime every night.

The best part was, he would leave gifts for me around town before he left. Then, during the weekdays, he would tell me where to go to find them.

I called it a scavenger hunt.

He came up with some interesting places to hide things, too. I had to dig through snow or crawl under construction equipment or go to laundry mats. (It wasn’t difficult or dangerous, just well-hidden)

It would always be something nice, too. Gift cards for certain stores, restaurants or salons, lingerie, cash for specific purchases, all sorts of stuff. Even plane tickets one time.

KTMom91

I was 17 when I started college, looked older, and went on a date with someone I met in class. He got a bit pushy during dinner, with overly romantic conversation not really appropriate for a first date, and when I told him I was 17, he freaked out. Conversation ended, and we'd barely finished dinner before he decided to take me home.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
On the second date with my now husband, we went to a casual steak house for dinner. I had set my purse on the floor next to my chair. This restaurant served family style, so the waitress brings us our food and there is a bowl of baked beans that she drops right into my purse!
I didn't have much in the purse and it was not of any value, picked it up at Goodwill for a couple of buck so no great loss.
:whew:

After our "exciting" dinner, we went dancing. I was wearing shoes that had about an 1 1/2" heel. As I'm dancing the heel on one of my shoes snaps right off. I kicked my shoes off and danced barefooted.

I remember thinking as he was driving me home if these were "signs" that I should not see him again. Glad I didn't listen to those "thoughts" as he has been a great husband and my best friend.
:couple:

BusynMember

In my way, I was an old fashion gal and I wanted to have NO sex until marriage. So in high school I was on a date with this guy I had met once and he drove me to the lake. Didn't even take me out first. Then he tried to pull me toward him and I pulled away and asked him why we came here. He said, "What do you think?" I said I thought I wanted to go home. He chided me about being very childish. Everyone had sex. I told him I didn't. He kept trying and this was a speech I had heard before and nobody could make me do what I didn't want to do. I wasn't even tempted. Finally, I guess to make me see he was serious, he said, "I might as well just take you home. There are other girls."
I agreed and I got very excited as I had passed up a chance to hang with my besties for this date and I probably should not have sounded so excited but I smiled widely and said, "Oh, can you? If you hurry up, I can probably catch up to my friends!"
He looked shocked. He was good looking and probably not used to that. He looked very disgusted and said not a word to me as he drove me home . I was quiet too except to steer him to a few short cuts to my house. When I got home I said "Bye!" and slammed the door shut.
I had a wonderful time with my besties that night.
I'm sure I had other experiences but this one stuck out. To this day I can still see the shock on his face and then the disgust. I giggled to myself then and I still do.

AppleCori

On the second date with my now husband, we went to a casual steak house for dinner. I had set my purse on the floor next to my chair. This restaurant served family style, so the waitress brings us our food and there is a bowl of baked beans that she drops right into my purse!
I didn't have much in the purse and it was not of any value, picked it up at Goodwill for a couple of buck so no great loss.
:whew:

After our "exciting" dinner, we went dancing. I was wearing shoes that had about an 1 1/2" heel. As I'm dancing the heel on one of my shoes snaps right off. I kicked to my shoes off and danced barefooted.

I remember thinking as he was driving me home if these were "signs" that I should not see him again. Glad I didn't listen to those "thoughts" as he has been a great husband and my best friend.
:couple:

What a great story!

Love a man who will dance!