Incredibly emotional, honest family therapy....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt & I had a family therapy session this afternoon. I've never been able to be so very honest with kt with my feelings, my anger but mostly my sadness over not being able to parent both her & wm because of what happened in bio home.

I let ms. kt know that I not only resented but have been very angry that she has used my physical disability against me. My memory issues & the like. She finally admitted to herself & to therapist that she indeed was using especially my memory for her own agenda.

I knew this but couldn't pin it down.

ktbug, in turn, was very honest in her feelings over the last year.

There were some hurtful things discussed; hopefully the air has been cleared. Her biggest regret is that husband never got to see her & wm together again. Even at the hospital they were given separate visiting times. She broke down saying "all Dad ever wanted was for us to be a complete family again".

kt & I discussed with therapist our plans for this coming weekend. Not much - hanging out together, playing a few games. This & that.

flutterby

Fly away!
This sounds productive and maybe the first step toward healing your relationship with kt in regards to recent antics and events.

(((hugs)))

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

glad to hear kt expressing herself truthfully. It's kinda where she was 15 months ago. Perhpas she will begin to move forward from here.

Sharon

busywend

You know, it is good, the honesty. Has anyone ever asked KT why she does not appreciate what family she has, given she went through losing one member? Might be to brutal, especially right now. But, isn't that what you learned when you lost your mom? You ended every post (and I mentioned how much it meant to me that you shared your learnings with us) with a message to love your family every day and tell them so. You need to express this to kt & wm!

susiestar

Roll With It
Busy has a good idea, but it would have to be timed carefully.

I am glad you had such an honest and emotional session. You truly are one of the absolute best moms I know.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies ~ I'm in a spiritual state of mind lately; am praying that kt continues this clarity of mind, this honesty & ability to accept reality.

We're prepping for her to be home a week from tomorrow. I'm working on a plan for this weekend with-o help. kt has gladly accepted the limits I've already placed on her weekend plans.

Time to take Christmas decoration & start "building" kt's art studio at the top of the stairs. It will be perfect for her.

Steely

Honesty is so hard for these kids - and the fact that kt could be humble enough to do this - is so important. It is interesting - the one thing I somehow consistently pray for Matt is that he would have clarity. Today on our once a week call, he must have said a thousand times, "I don't know". I finally said, you do know - you are super insightful - you just don't want to talk about it.

An art studio sounds fantastic.

Nancy

Sounds like a very good family session Linda. I hope the positive movement continues on her part.

Hugs and stay warm,
Nancy