INSTA POT

Copabanana

Oh Wow. The Lava cake sounds delicious. Thank you so much. Which one on the first link did you make tonight? Was it really good? (Oh. I get it. You made the Sticky Honey Chicken.) Do you do that stacking business where you can cook like your meat, your vegetables or rice and your dessert at the same time?

Copabanana

I am dreaming about the Lava Cake. I saw an instant pot recipe for Lemon Curd. I just love that (for toast, desserts) I have a lemon tree with wonderful, mild lemons. The Meyer Lemon type. I have many, many dozens. So there was an idea I saw for a Lava cake type dessert using lemon curd and lemon cake (they used to call these pudding cakes). WOW. I cook and (if I wasn't constantly dieting) I would bake every day. I get so much pleasure from it. Baking in an instant pot, excites me. Like Steamed Puddings. Persimmon Pudding. Bread Pudding. YES! Even with M living away I cook him dinner every day. I would love to start using my instant pot. Thank you very much. I will do it.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I love my instant pot but have never cooked they yummy things of which you speak. I for the most part have eliminated sugar and white flour from my diet. I truly feel better physically and mentally since I've done this. I allow myself something sweet once a month so I may have to try something yummy in the IP.
I love to use mine for cooking my greens. I buy a huge bok choy and 2 large bunches of kale, chop those up and throw them in. They cook in 10 minutes! When I would cook them on the stove it could take 45 minutes to get them to cook down and I would have to stir every few minutes. I really love the freedom this little device affords me. I still work so my time in the evenings is precious.
On New Years day I cooked black eyed peas in 20 minutes.
My favorite so far is baby back ribs - fall off the bone tender. I cook them for 20 minutes then put them on a foil lined pan and stick them under the broiler to crisp them up. Delicious!!!

When I first got mine I was a little intimidated so I got on youtube and watched some videos. It really helped.

Copabanana

eliminated sugar and white flour from my diet.
Hi Tanya. I have too and I eliminated almost completely the digestive problems that have plagued me and no longer have to take medication.

I would not and could not go back to the old way of eating. But I think I have gone too far off the edge and would like to recover the joy of eating and cooking, I had before. I think your idea of giving oneself a a day or two a month to indulge is both great, and healthy. Emotionally healthy.

I went out to eat last week and had a cheeseburger. And with that I remembered that I love food. That has to be important.

Thank you.

Lil

You should make lemon curd and can it! What on earth do you do with a tree full of lemons? It would be an absolute pity to let them go to waste!

I drove by a house this fall with a pear tree that was dropping them all over the yard and I was thinking how awful to not pick them! I was in a hurry and so I didn't stop...but I would have knocked on their door and asked if I could have some. They'd have probably been happy to keep some of the mess off their yard! I never could remember where the house was afterwards.

Copabanana

You should make lemon curd and can it!
I will. I have two pressure canners, never used! Where they are I am unsure. But I will try! And I already have lots of jars.

I do use a lemon or two every day either to cook or for salad dressing, but there is no keeping up. Last year I used every one and actually ran out. But this year there are tons and tons.

The lemon curd lasts for a while in the fridge, in just a jar.

Lil

I'd love to learn to can. I've read enough to know you can do fruits/jellies/tomatoes in a water bath because they have a high enough acid content. But I'd love to be able to do meats and veggies and such. Maybe someday I'll get a canner.

Copabanana

OMG, Tanya. Lemon curd is so delicious. Used like jam on toast, scones, biscuits, or used to bake on pies, tarts, cakes, etc. You can buy it in the grocery store but it is expensive and a fraction as good as homemade (which is so easy to make.) If you make it, be sure to strain the mixture before you cook, so that there are no stringy parts of the egg. You want it to be perfectly smooth, or I do. It is really like a thick stovetop lemon custard.

Tired out

Oh I didn't even SEE this! Sorry! I started a new thread in the Water Cooler!
Sorry. I didn't think of that. I am not the best at starting new treads :) . I am always in this forum and didn't even think of the water cooler. If someone wants to move this thread there , go for it!

Do you do that stacking business where you can cook like your meat, your vegetables or rice and your dessert at the same time?
No. The only time I have stacked is I staked out 4 ramkins for 4 lava cakes :)!!
I have cooked multiple items together such as beef and onions and mushrooms.
I agree about ribs and pulled pork in the instapot..YUMMY!

KTMom91

Copa, I saw an article today that the food bank in our area will collect any unused fruit from a backyard tree. Maybe there's something like that in your area if you wanted to donate your unused lemons.