Insult to injury

flutterby

Fly away!
Soooooooo....we all know I've been sick for some time now and the changes that have happened to my body are dramatic. Whether I have Cushing's or not, I certainly have the Cushingoid appearance; even the endocrinologist agrees with that.

This very nice man came to my door just now selling something. He thought I was pregnant. :9-07tears: I can't blame him. I do look it and he certainly didn't mean to insult me. It was obvious he felt very bad.

Sigh. Enough already. I just want the doctors to make it stop.

On the upside, he was a professional makeup artist for 13 years and he gave me some really good tips.

eekysign

I feel you. I've got PCOS, and one of the "rule-outs" during diagnosis is Cushing's---I had enough of the signs that they sent me for all the tests.

Stupid endocrine issues are a pain in the butt. ;) I feel for you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wafting hands around head in a circular motion------whafting.....whafting.....and then you say

When am I due? I've been due for a decent compliment for years.

When am I due? When men stop asking stupid questions to sick women.

When am I due? (blink....don't YOU know?) It's YOUR BABY!!!! OMG you don't care (insert hysterical cry)

Rise above it =====rise.......rise!

SRL

I feel your pain. I've had too many inquiries through the years that I don't ever ask that question any more unless someone looks like they're about to give birth. Among the winners:
-a neighbor who asked 5 days after I gave birth.

-a male nurse in ER where I had a 4 month old baby in for an ear infection. Said 4 month old baby had been ten lbs, 5 ounces and was about 22 pounds at the time but still.

--And the best of all, a parent of a former student of mine who asked if I was expecting a few years ago. I looked at her over the tops of my glasses, and dryly informed her that I had had her daughter in class 23 years ago, that I was well into perimenopause and had just got my first pair of reading glasses.

Geez...

SkunkMomma

I understand how you feel. I had a kidney disorder that made me look like I had Cushings. When I first got married all the older women at church would say "Are you pregnant?" I say, No, I'm just fat" They quit asking me after about a year. I always responded with the same answer. Luckily, my problems went away after 10 years on the medications. I'm still big in the belly but the moon face has gone away. Maybe your doctors. will get the right medications and you'll be on your way to feeling better. I hope.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
I'm sorry. I remember years ago before I had any children someone asking me if I was pregnant. I do so hate endocrine issues. Hugs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

We've met. "nuff said.

Now, what you should've done was set up an appointment for each of us to have a makeover to make up for his major blunder.

Stinks doesn't it? Now that I have white hair....no one asks anymore.

(hugs)

flutterby

Fly away!
Thanks for the support ladies. I know how I look, but hearing someone else say it...hurts. I'm already so self-conscious that I don't want to go out in public.

Tourette's Syndrome - I'm not on steroids. Steroids is the most common cause of Cushing's, but there are other causes; the main one being a tumor on the pituitary. We don't have a definitive diagnosis. But, if it's not Cushing's I don't know what else it could be. I have *all* the symptoms and the hallmark signs.