Just a few minutes if my morning

L

Liahona

Yes, I'm probably wierd but I find this funny. I'm sharing it in case others might see the humor in it too. All this happened with in a very short space of time.

I was feeding Cherub when difficult child 2 started yelling (from time out he had snuck candy) that Buster was poopy. He wouldn't stop yelling until I yelled back that I would deal with it later. This disrupts Cherub. She starts eating again. Then he starts yelling he is going to throw up. I try to yell for him to go into the bathroom, but he can't hear me over himself. I have to go out of my room where I take his arm and put him in the bathroom with instructions to throw up in the toilet. Then I see Buster's poopy bottom hanging out of his diaper. I chase Buster down the diaper coming off in the process. I tell difficult child 3 to go get difficult child 2 a throw up bowl. I clean up Buster and go to see about difficult child 2. He hasn't thrown up and doesn't have a bowl. I go to get one. I find difficult child 3 playing with legos. He got distracted. He gets difficult child 2 a bowl with me directing him. I put difficult child 2 in his room with his bowl and a toy. And go back to feed Cherub. difficult child 2 is yelling at Buster. Now everything he says is yelling. I call him into my room and have him sit on the floor until he calms down. This also lets Buster in my room. Now I am trying to feed Cherub while Buster makes a mess of the math manipulatives in my room. This is a very patient baby.

Dixies_fire

I'm with you! Except my baby isn't patient. My middle boyo looks for ways to exploit me holding the baby and tk is well tk. My puppy is not very well potty trained and wears a diaper just to keep him from peeing everywhere, he would go out and pee and then come in and pee again. The cat is about the only worry free person in the house.

My morning goes. *holding and feeding mr Lewis, boyo in the pantry trying to get chocolate pudding ten minutes after breakfast. Tk hollering about the dog trying to poop inside putting down the baby, the baby cries, taking pudding away from boyo, grabbing dog and putting him on the patio, blocking the tiny gap between the gate and the pole cause the dog is small and will skip town, fussing at tk to finish her hair and put some socks on cause its time to leave and going back to pick up the baby who is screaming. And trying to direct the house with either baby on the boob and walking around or sitting on the couch with baby on boob and the house going crazy....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't know how old pup is, Dixies_fire, but putting a diaper on him is going to confuse the issue of house training........not to mention teach him it's ok to make a mess, even if he gets messy in the process. House training is not fun, especially with a baby in the house, been there done that. Pup needs to stay out longer is all.......they're very distractible so he's not finishing when he's out. I found giving a treat every single time they actually physically do something outside to be a quick way of training. (I keep them in my pocket at all times at this point in the game) That said, I know it's not easy staying out with him long enough when there are little ones inside probably getting into trouble.

Liahona.......Cherub is definitely patient. :) I'm sorry to hear buster is still not feeling better.

Dixies_fire

Trust me I know, the only reason he's in a diaper is because it was find a way to save the house or get rid of him. The dog is 6 months old. He came to us paper trained for the most part at only six weeks old and the kids would follow the poor baby around and take him off his potty pad. Then it snowed over half the time since then and the dog *will not* go in the snow not to mention for a long time the snow was taller than him. Then the poor thing got parvo because the people we got him from told us that he had his shots and because we have no actual yard that belongs to us we were scared of reinfecting, it was absolutely astonishing that he lived. He does okay now but I know the poor baby is confused.

buddy

Have you tried crate training? Then the kids couldn't interfere.....?

Lia, just a normal morning? Lol....

DammitJanet

I would crate him and use the papers. I have a HUGE dog who we had to use papers with for the longest time. I thought I was going to have a full grown 80 pound bull dog that used pee pads in the house for the rest of her life. Now she only uses one if it is incredibly bad outside and she cant get out because we have left her inside way too long. I do still leave the papers down because my 5 pound dog will use them now and he has never been fully house broken. He absolutely refuses to go outside in the rain. Abby will run to the door and bolt in the mornings. She wants no part of peeing inside...lol.

Dixies_fire

We've tried crate training too he spends the night in the crate he's starting to have a bit more control at least over his bladder just not completely trained. I can't imagine trying to do all this with a big dog.

L

Liahona

Buster threw up last Sunday but has kept everything down since.

Yes, this is a very normal few minutes from my morning.

Dixie if you have a backyard with a fence could the kids and dog go outside with you while you feed mr.lewis? It is starting to get very nice out. We are not going to get a dog until I have all my kids here. I just couldn't handle training a different species while dealing with a baby. My kids sure want a dog though.

InsaneCdn

Lia... Have you considered a "second-hand" dog? i.e. a well-trained very nice one who just happens to need another home? There are SOME out there. Not your average "pound" or "rescue" dog, but... they are out there. Our first one was like that. Came 100% housebroken. Still had to learn the "rules" of our house - no jumping on the couch, etc. - but it was a big help to not have to do washroom training.

L

Liahona

When the time comes I'll look for one. It depends on how stable difficult child 1 is. I think we need a very big dog and I'm picky about temperament. That's at least a year off though. We're wanting to buy a house in about a year.

Dixies_fire

We have a patio that is about 10x5 no grass. When we take him out to do his business we have to take him to our front open postage stamp strip of grass. Tk usually takes him unless she's having a big attitude problem about it or is at school. I try to make sure he goes out every two hours though.
I am a cat person. I have never done this before the only reason we got the puppy is because it was before the stuff going on with my husband I didn't expect to be doing it all. His buddy had half min pin and half poodle liter coming . I said if I ever got one he would have to be small, generally even half breeds that are small cost a butt load of money. If I ever do this again I will keep looking till I find a rescue.