Just a quick check-in to say hi

Beta

Hey everyone,
Sorry for my absence. We have been in the midst of closing on a house out of state and it has been very stressful; as well as packing up our house. We are loading up tomorrow morning and heading for Georgia. I will be out of commission for probably a week, just trying unpack and establish some order. We also are moving to a location where they do not have high-speed internet (!!!!:( ) so it will be harder to get on. Anyway, I will be back as soon as I can. Have missed you all. Pray for us!! Thank you.

Copabanana

I have missed you Beta and am so glad that you've checked in with this update. Does this mean you can't easily log on with your cell phone? Please try to relax and enjoy the ride. My experience with many moves has shown me that once started it's a process like a conveyor belt in a factory. It starts and you just keep going until it's done. It is exciting. I am excited for you. You've told us you have family where you're going, your husband's family and you'll be able to stay put. That's great. Any news about Josh? Did he get situated in the new apartment?

newstart

Hey everyone,
Sorry for my absence. We have been in the midst of closing on a house out of state and it has been very stressful; as well as packing up our house. We are loading up tomorrow morning and heading for Georgia. I will be out of commission for probably a week, just trying unpack and establish some order. We also are moving to a location where they do not have high-speed internet (!!!!:( ) so it will be harder to get on. Anyway, I will be back as soon as I can. Have missed you all. Pray for us!! Thank you.

Hi Beta, So wonderful to hear your update. Have prayed for you and your situation. Hope the move goes smoothly. Hope you get your place in order soon. I know it is a bit stressful but just think of it as a new start. Always wishing you the very best.

Beta

Hey, me again. We are halfway to Georgia and just stopped for the night. I was really worried about whether we would get everything on our uhaul but it was amazing--it all went in! Answered prayer for sure.
Cops, Josh seems to be doing okay, at least given the limited info he gives. I've asked him three times for his address, which he has completely ignored. I think its some type of paranoia.

Copabanana

I think its some type of paranoia.
Hi Beta. Glad you're safely on your way. Hope your trip is fun and you're soon safe and rested in your new home. My son does the same thing. I asked only his "street." He was evasive. Finally, he gave me the street name. I checked. There's no street in that town with the name he gave me

I think the elusiveness is an attempt at independence. It may seem paranoid, but from there point of view they're trying to be separate in order to mature. They need that.

Nandina

Beta, you are in my prayers. I hope you’ll still be able to access this site even without high speed internet. Heck, I’m supposed to have high speed myself (I’m a neighbor in a state to your north) but we live semi-rural and our internet is so slow sometimes it’s like having dial-up! Remember that? Lol But I can still get on here! 😀 Yay!

I hope we’ll get to hear from you. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the last year or so since I became a member. Best wishes in your new home and I wish you and your husband every happiness as you settle in.

Nandina

MissLulu

Hope the move has gone well, Beta. I will keep my fingers crossed that your internet is good enough for you to keep in touch. We'll miss you too much otherwise!

JMom

Hi Beta,
Congrats on the move! Moving is so exhausting! But making a new house a home is fun. Keep us updated on you and Josh!
JMOM

Beta

Hi everyone! I'm back! I've been immersed in the moving, unpacking, cleaning, and painting of our new home. Everything went well and we are finally settled in. I was reading through so many of you posting prayers and well wishes and I was so touched by your comments. I have missed being on the site.
The only issue looming at the moment is the need for employment. I do have moments of anxiety over this but am trying to stay focused on God's character and promises so I can trust Him.
I'm using my.phone which is harder than a computer but will try to catch up with each of you and what's been happening.