Just wasted an incredible amt of $ on therapy but it was worth it

TerryJ2

Went to the therapist today and vented about my entire life, plus the @(*%*$*#@ neighbor who came into my yard and got into my face 2 wks ago and screamed at me for daring to plant 3 weeping willows in her line of sight so she wouldn't be able to see the water. Egads! Part of my therapy is to be alone and enjoy nature, on our 3.7 acres on the water. (I was very nice to the woman, explained that we do not have sunshine laws in VA, and that she needed to buy waterfront property if she wants the view. After she wouldn't let up, I screamed, "LEAVE ME ALONE!" and went in the house and cried for 20 min. I rec'd an apology note in the mail yesterday, and the rest of the note thanked me for moving the trees. I did not move them for her. One stayed in the same spot, and two were falling over so I had a different person, W, my Hero Landscaper, plant and stake them, properly.)

So, after therapy, I picked up difficult child (and his girlfriend) and took him to his Occupational Therapist (OT) class. I asked his girlfriend if she wanted to run some errands and she said fine. I ended up at a local garden center (she sat in the car and did her homework) and I spent $72 ... on a fairy garden!!!
Can't believe I wasted that much money. But oooooohh, it feels so good. I put most of it in the bottom of a tree along our boat path, where the roots have a hollow spot at the base, and it is halfway up an embankment so it's almost hip-height. I bought a tiny white bike, a brass bench, a brass birdhouse, and a gazing ball, and a fairy. But I put the fairy 10 ft away at the base of a different tree. And a regular sized birdhouse by the kitchen window.

Trying to figure out how to get insurance to cover this type of "therapy" ...:likeit:

P.S. I hope that my husband doesn't flip out when he finds out how much I spent on ... tiny things. That are probably going to be stolen. I need Fairy Dust!

T

TeDo

Hey, if it works, it's worth every penny. ANYTHING that brings even a little serenity to our lives is considered and "investment" as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) as I'm concerned.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Oh, Terry! Gardening is magical therapy. I've been considering a fairy garden. Could you please post some pics? $72.00 is NOTHING when it comes to creating your little garden of Eden. I think I'm nearing 100K, inherited from my mother. She never gave me any peace, I'm giving it to myself and husband can't say anything because IT'S MY MONEY.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
If this brought you all that joy, then it's worth every penny. Doesn't your husband know "when the woman is happy, EVERYONE'S happy?" Has he not learned that yet? Enjoy your fairy garden, it sounds lovely..........

TerryJ2

BirdFeedersOct2012moregreen.jpg

FairyGarden012.jpg

FairyGarden5.jpg

TerryJ2

Thank you!

I ordered two Japanese cherry blossoms for the front yard, a yoshino and an okame, from a feed and seed ctr outside of Williamsburg. It is half the price of the place close to husband's clinic. They are going in two spots where we had to cut down a Japanese cherry and a crabapple because they were old and hollow and wormy. I can't wait for spring!
Okay, I can't wait for the trees to arrive ... they aren't even in yet ... and am trying to figure out how to get them in my car. My old car had a hatchback and a sunroof so I could stick things out of the sunroof. I got a lot of laughs on the street, but it worked. Maybe the window this time?

In the meantime, my new morning activity is to walk down the boat path with-my tea and look at the fairy garden. I know, I'm weird. I don't care.

N

Nomad

((Hugs)) I think with the stress you and so many of us are under, going to therapy makes perfect sense. I'm glad it was of help. And I really get a kick out of these little fairy things. The fairy itself is very beautiful. Just lovely. Very relaxing to look at. Be well.

Star*

call 911........call 911
The garden is beautiful......

$72 on flowers vs homicide is justifiable.....in anyones book.

I would seek out MOthers little helper before I got on the hard stuff like Fairy Dust. - And if you like to be alone.....research shows the"dust" brings friends......so it's a mute point. Have a nice glass of Pino instead.

And I'd send that bloody neighbor a note back that says "PEOPLE like you? Well you're the reason my WIllows weep."

TerryJ2

$72 on flowers vs homicide is justifiable

ROLF! So true.

"PEOPLE like you? Well you're the reason my WIllows weep."

LOL!

Oh, yeah, I've come up with-some zingers, but I am just staying away from them. And I'm trying to keep them from invading my thoughts. Bad enough that they invaded my yard.