Kay's new addictive "healthy plant"

BusynMember1

Kay now takes Kratom. Never heard of it? Me neither. I had to look it up and apparently it IS a plant and legal but potentially addictive and dangerous and much like an opiod. Scary stuff. It, however, according to Kay,is another healthy plant and is gaining wide use amongst younger people for both pain and getting high. Kay claims to use it for her bad back, which I never knew she had. I don't think she does.

I found out about this from the relative who goes to school near Kay's current squatting grounds. He actually, after seeing her at a club getting decked by Lee, decided to reach out to make sure she is okay. He is a very nice young man, only 19, and doesn't know her well due to the age difference. So they met at a coffee shop and he heard it all, from the eviction, to how her parents are letting her rot, to how we don't love her and are not her REAL parents anyway, to how Lee is still her soulmate, and onto a long blissful Kratom commercial. According to her Kratom "cured" her depression and even being evicted does not get her down. Kratom is a magic plant and she looks forward to getting out of Dodge and living in her old camper with Lee and Jaden. She has no idea that Amy will do all she can to save Jaden from camper life on Skid Roe.

The young relative called me, worried and shaken up. He asked me to please help Kay. He brought up the Kratom then her claims that vaccines kill and that she knows how to cure cancer. He is afraid she is sick.

Wow.

I had not expected that. I got my husband and we went on speaker phone and tried to explain to this choked up kid that Kay will not accept mental health help and that for our sake and Kay's we ask that he please not contact us about her anymore. We were gentle and kind to him but warned him that he may be better off not getting too close to her. His parents have a lot of money and Kay knows it. Nothing good will come of this.

I think we reached him, but now we know too much information. Kratom scared the living daylights out of me. Through Kay I have learned how many dangerous things are legal. Not that you can't abuse prescriptions, but people like Kay think anything is safe as long as Big Pharma is not making money from it.

Of course there is nothing we can do. We have tried for over a decade.

If you hear Kratom from your kids, be aware that it is not safe. Do what you can, if you can.

Another restless night here while I pray and give it to God.

Blessings to all.

louise2350

Kay now takes Kratom. Never heard of it? Me neither. I had to look it up and apparently it IS a plant and legal but potentially addictive and dangerous and much like an opiod. Scary stuff. It, however, according to Kay,is another healthy plant and is gaining wide use amongst younger people for both pain and getting high. Kay claims to use it for her bad back, which I never knew she had. I don't think she does.

I found out about this from the relative who goes to school near Kay's current squatting grounds. He actually, after seeing her at a club getting decked by Lee, decided to reach out to make sure she is okay. He is a very nice young man, only 19, and doesn't know her well due to the age difference. So they met at a coffee shop and he heard it all, from the eviction, to how her parents are letting her rot, to how we don't love her and are not her REAL parents anyway, to how Lee is still her soulmate, and onto a long blissful Kratom commercial. According to her Kratom "cured" her depression and even being evicted does not get her down. Kratom is a magic plant and she looks forward to getting out of Dodge and living in her old camper with Lee and Jaden. She has no idea that Amy will do all she can to save Jaden from camper life on Skid Roe.

The young relative called me, worried and shaken up. He asked me to please help Kay. He brought up the Kratom then her claims that vaccines kill and that she knows how to cure cancer. He is afraid she is sick.

Wow.

I had not expected that. I got my husband and we went on speaker phone and tried to explain to this choked up kid that Kay will not accept mental health help and that for our sake and Kay's we ask that he please not contact us about her anymore. We were gentle and kind to him but warned him that he may be better off not getting too close to her. His parents have a lot of money and Kay knows it. Nothing good will come of this.

I think we reached him, but now we know too much information. Kratom scared the living daylights out of me. Through Kay I have learned how many dangerous things are legal. Not that you can't abuse prescriptions, but people like Kay think anything is safe as long as Big Pharma is not making money from it.

If you hear Kratom from your kids, be aware that it is not safe. Do what you can, if you can.

Blessings to all.

louise2350

Busy: How awful this news about your daughter must've hit you. I think the relative was concerned about your daughter but hearing all of this from him must of really shaken you up as it would me. It was wise of you to tell this relative not to give you anymore info on your daughter as you've reached out before and she refuses help - unasked for information only deepens and prolongs your pain. You're in my prayers. I hope you regain some sort of peace soon.

Blindsided

Face the Sun

Wow.

Blessings to all.
Busy, so sorry to hear this. Kratom is being used in the chronic pain community as a last resort. There is evidence it is unsafe, but how can you change it for Kay?

Kay, like my May are looking for something that will help their mental illness in all the wrong places.

May sent me pictures of a very nasty skin lesion this a.m. out of the clear blue. And, she sent me a video about the 7 signs of leukemia, trying to link the 2. Of course the video was posted by some website promoting papaya powder!!!

I have been sending love and today did a meditation on my hearts desire from Radical Acceptance (finding peaceful relationship with May) then read this email with all the pics. This is the first communication other than me sending periodic texts that simply say we love her. Drafting a response was time intensive.

The point is, I want to know and I dont want to know. My gosh, I know this roller coaster. That said, I dont need to know anything from some person who really doesnt know the situation. It gives me PTSD. I think you did the right thing. It's nice to know there are people who care, but they cant expect us to fix it, yet that's why they reach out. I keep praying a real friend will enter May's life that will help her see she needs the help. We have no idea who that might be. It is out of our control.

Sending prayers of peace for you

BusynMember1

Thanks.

I think in Kay's case, this will have to come from herself. And to date she refuses to get help or use the medical community.

Crayola13

I hope Jayden was being looked after by a kind, responsible person during their conversation. I read about Kratom. It's said to be great for pain, depression, and weight loss, but it makes people dizzy. Not much research has been done. Some people get hooked on it. It's about $8 for two grams and legal in most states. It grows from a tree in southeast Asia. Some people spend thousands on it.

BusynMember1

I wish that it were that benign, Crayola. It's actually dangerous and there is talk of banning it. It acts just like an opiod and gets you high. Kay wouldn't bother with it if it didn't get you high.

ChickPea

Ugh. I'm sorry. My husband and I were talking about K2 and how terrible that drug is. Seems like there's always something (new) for people to try to get high with. It's frightening. I can imagine how hard it was to hear that news.

Beta

I'm so sorry about this. I'm sorry that the little bit of equilibrium and peace you had has been upset by this news. Praying God's peace will flood your hearts and guard them.

Crayola13

Maybe if she keeps using it long enough the dizzy spells will be bad enough to make her stop. Almost everyone who uses it complains about severe dizziness. That seems to be a major side effect.

ksm

I know several that take it, personally, and lots that take it from a FB page for people who have adhesive arachnoiditis, a severe chronic pain condition. It has been described as being as painful as stage 4 cancer without the relief of death.

My son has this condition. I ordered red vein Kratom blends that have a long history from a reputable company. I have never bought it locally, like at a vape shop. (Medical marijuana is not available in our state).

My son never had dizzy spells. He tried drinking the powder in a tea, but then we bought empty capsules and filled with about a half a teaspoon of Kratom. It was very effective for pain. He had more side effects from prescription pain medications.

Many pain pts have had their pain medications decreased or even withheld. Kratom is not an opioid but does use the same opioid receptors. You can't take them at the same time, because if you are on one, and take the other, it makes it ineffective and does not increase the effect of the other. Once the receptors are activated, it can't "use" the other medications.

Adhesive Arachnoiditis is rare and there are not many doctors who are treating it. I downloaded a handbook from a pain Doctor that has been successful. Since many patients can't find treatment, he had a list of supplements to try, and he had Kratom listed.

It was very helpful for my son and others. It never made him high. It probably cost me less than $30 a month. At this point in time, he was in bed probably 20 hours a day.

My son finally was able to get a medical card and was able to seek treatment. He is not using the Kratom now, and is maybe 50% better. But he's not on pain medications or fentanyl patches anymore either. He would opt to go back to Kratom than opioids.

Just like any thing, there are good for some, and abused by others. A general surgeon I used to work with also told me about Kratom. He was on The Doctor's TV show several years ago when they did a segment on it. His adult son used it to get off hard drugs. My son also informed his medical doctor, who wasn't thrilled, but had an open mind.

I tried taking it and it did not make me high or dizzy, but I belched and could taste it. But that was before we got the capsules. If I needed long term pain medications, I would give it a try. Ksm

Last edited:

BusynMember1

Thanks ksm and Crayola.

Until now I have only heard that it is dangerous.

Although Kay doesn't have chronic pain and may not use it responsibly it probably won't kill her, unless she is also using other drugs.

Thanks for a more peaceful mind.

in a daze

My son ran up a 3000.00 credit card bill when he was hooked on Kratom. He had to go to the hospital to detox off it. It’s just another opiate, a very expensive one.

in a daze

Keaton is legal in some states and illegal or restricted in others. No need to resort to theft, just run up your credit card balance like my son did. He can be sneaky that way. And it is definitely an opiate. During detox he was given incrementally smaller doses of OxyContin to wean off.

WiseChoices

Keaton is legal in some states and illegal or restricted in others. No need to resort to theft, just run up your credit card balance like my son did. He can be sneaky that way. And it is definitely an opiate. During detox he was given incrementally smaller doses of OxyContin to wean off.
Holy cow! If you need Oxy to detox the stuff out of you it clearly is dangerous!!!