Knocking on wood

Wiped Out

Staff member
I've been gluten free for about 5 weeks now (with-only 1 cheat meal) and for the last 2 weeks my joint pain has disappeared!!! It had gotten so bad that I could barely move my hands at night and was limping each night. husband was helping me stand from a sitting position. Sleeping was difficult because every time I turned around there was pain. Some mornings I couldn't even straighten out my fingers on my hand. Seriously, I didn't think going gluten free would actually get rid of the joint pain.

I'm still not 100% convinced because I also have been off of work for almost two weeks (one week due to nephew's funeral and 1 week for spring break) so I don't know if that has a part in it or not.

Also hoping by posting this that I'm not jinxing myself!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That is awesome! I have three family members with celiac and everyone in the family has some type of autoimmune disease. I've often wondered if I should go gluten free (joint issues and inflammation). I think I may try it.

I'm so happy for you!

Josie

Great to hear! You might even notice more improvement in other areas. I had a whole list of improvements when I first started it. It helped me stay motivated.

If your joint pain comes back, make sure you haven't slipped up on your diet. When I first started the diet, I noticed I didn't need a nap any more. Then I started being more relaxed about hidden gluten and I noticed I was sleepy all the time again. Once I got strict again, my sleepiness went away.

It is hard to believe that something like gluten can have such a big impact. It felt like a miracle to me.

rejectedmom

I am glad youare feeling better. I went off dairy for the same reason and have seen an improvement. I have wondered if I should go gluten free also but I am not sure I could do both. Anything that reduces your level of inflamation will improve your symptoms.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hope-I agree it is like a miracle! I'm simply astonished!

RM-So glad you are getting relief with the dairy free eating!