less sugar = clearer thinking

Sue C

I went so overboard at Christmas time with eating cookies and candy. Now I've been off sweets since New Year's. I feel like I have clearer thinking. Kind of like my brain isn't so foggy. Make sense??

Sue

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
YES!!! I cut my sugar ALOT prior to the Holidays and lost 15lbs... I still to put my sugar in my COFFEE!!!
But I had no Cocktails and no sweets for 2 months... and now I limit myself... and have cut my portions a lot...

But during that time I was so clear and had more energy I slowly weaned myself back on them and did not go overboard... now I am able to just have a little bit of sweets...
Before I was a JUNKY...
I can even say NO when husband comes in with a gallon of coffee ice cream...

I still love them but I limit myself.
It is amazing how you feel...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sue,

I bought some Splenda 1/2. It's not all the way Splenda, but 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda.

And while I wish I had clearer thinking - maybe I have not detoxed my body enough yet. I like Toto am a sugar junkie AND a pre-diabetic.

The splenda stuff is not bad - it IS very sweet.

Sue C

I have never tried Splenda.

Maybe my mind is clearer because I had way overtoxed my body at Christmas time. We're talking eating tons of Christmas cookies, Hershey's Kisses and M&M's. I went wild.

sue

VLong

Way to go, Sue!!

As far as Splenda, we use only the WalMart brand (much cheaper)and tastes just like real sugar to me and I am the biggest sugar junkie west of the Mississippi!!!

I have been so depressed about my weight lately, but with the new grandbaby and all in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten wayyyyyyy off track! So, Monday it's back to the gym. I have told husband to not call me after work to "pick something up at the store" or "meet me for dinner", etc. I will be at the gym until 7:00pm and if he still wants me to get something after that, fine. I am not answering my cell until I'm done at my gym.

We've been eating a lot because of the holidays and all, but I am going back to fruits, veggies and protein starting Monday. I usually eat pretty well on the weekends (go figure!).

I really have been inspired by reading all of the posts on this forum!!!!

I am going to lose 100 lbs in 18 months! (husband is taking me on a wonderful vacation to either Siesta Key, FL or Isla Mujeres, Mexico then!)

Thank everyone for your inspiration!!

Check out the information in the nutritional part of the Perricone diet, Sue. He pulls all the pieces together, relating sugar and insulin and the body's inflammatory response.

Here you go: http://www.nvperriconemd.com

Disregard all the "buy this" stuff. Click on the nutrition key on the upper right hand corner at the top of the page.

I am the same way. When I do eat alot of sugar, it's like I can't get enough. When I stop eating sugar, the craving for it goes away in about seven days.

I feel much clearer and more energetic then, too.

Read through that material, if you have a chance. It explains the physiology of the sugar/insulin/sugar craving response.

Cheesh! I sound just like a textbook, sometimes.

Ahem.

Barbara

M

ML

I think my body has a lot of candida because of all the sugar I consume. Interestingly, one of the symptoms is "brain fog". I'm such a junkie!