Lots of questions

O.K. here we go I have taken difficult child off Folcain and Adderal I feel she was getting less control of her emotions and bigger and worse meltdowns. Well her teacher called today and asked if everything was ok because difficult child was having a bad week, I told her that difficult child was taken off medications and she did not sound very happy. I told her that difficult child was having a bad time with medications about meltdowns and not remembering anything about them after. She said I should talk to difficult child's doctor and see about another medication. I told her that we were going to try a more natural way still not to pleased she kept pushing for medications. I asked for a behavioral IEP but she said difficult child is not hurting anyone but this time I did the pushing to see about it she did not sound like it would do much but I asked her to find out about it. Than I asked if my grandmother could come and help difficult child stay focused a few days a week (she used to be a teacher and has a good connection with difficult child) teacher said does she plan to stay with her for 12 Yrs through school? :Hot Head: that really got me hot!!! So far two suggestions were shot down and no offers other that medications from her. Then I was driving home from work with difficult child and easy child and easy child decieded to tell me that difficult child has had her seat changed to the corner for a while now not sure exact # of days :Hot Head: What am I to do I'm out of ideas please help me anyone!!!! :confused:

Sheila

Prior to a student getting an IEP, the school district must do an evaluation. It's part of the process in determining whether the child is eligible for an IEP.

Parent refer for the evaluation. This is a sample letter if you need it.

http://www.conductdisorders.com/com...a-formal-request-for-iep-re-evaluation.22433/

It's very important to send the letter via Certified Mail. There are timelines the sd must adhere to; the certified mail kicks the timelines in.