making headway?

realangel

We have our new SW visiting us tomorrow :smile:

I spoke to him briefly on the phone last week. he told me they are going to take difficult child out of foster care and place him in supported lodgings which difficult child is happy about.

The only problem now is getting through to SW how dangerous difficult child still is to us. He said that he will be allowed to stay out 2 nights a week (wherever he stays will be checked out first) and that one of those nights he should stay with us, (their way of 'weaning' him back home?). I told him that couldn't happen and explained about the assaults etc. SW then started saying that if difficult child is a danger then they wont be able to find him a placement :rolleyes:

What i need to get through to the SW is that difficult child is only dangerous with people he knows and 'cares' for. E.G. Me, SO, Siblings and one particular teacher at school. How can i make him see this?

I have the photo's of the weapons he used so will show these to SW tomorrow. I just pray he listens to us.

We are unable to get an advocate for us as at the moment there isn't one in our area!!

I am in the process of obtaining copies of our witness statements and his interview tape from the police but they have said it can take up to 40 days.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Good luck, Lisa. I hope the SW accepts your refusal to allow difficult child home. It's ridiculous that they think it's even a possibility.

Suz

realangel

difficult child is being placed into supported lodgings :bravo:

He has an appointment with the people next week and if all parties are happy he moves in the following week :bravo:

SW said he understands that difficult child CANNOT come home for the foreseeable future and that when the carers feel he is ready he will move into either his own flat or a flat with warden presence.

Its just SOOOOOOOOOOO nice to know what is happening and not feel under pressure from SW

I shall kick back and relax tonight :smile: and wait for them to ring me next friday.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What wonderful resolution, Lisa. I'm just delighted for you...and your son. :bravo:

Suz

SunnyFlorida

Sounds like SW did not have the "full picture" of what had transpired in the past.

Glad to hear that difficult child is being "supported".

KFld

Well it seems like all is working out. I'm happy for all of you. Now you can relax and enjoy your mothers day!!