"Marley and Me"

I'm sure many of you are familiar with this amazingly warm and touching memoir of a difficult child dog. Reading Suz's tribute to her Molly and Mustang Chick's to Taz brought it to mind. I listened to it on CD on our last car trip. I am sure everyone here can especially relate to the story. It's a guaranteed two-hanky minimum, but you'll laugh more than cry.

It will be out in movie version, starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston in the human roles, later this year. I saw a preview for it -- a yellow lab puppy running in slow-mo down the beach, a determined expression on his face, with the "Chariots of Fire" theme playing. The camera slowly pans back down the beach to Wilson and Aniston puffing along in pursuit, holding a leash and calling, "Maaarleeeey!" If you've read the book you'll understand just how perfectly that trailer captures the essence of it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My dog often has those "Chariots of Fire" moments, but if they filmed me running behind him it would look more like a Cheech and Chong movie with the torn strap hanging on to the dogs harness and me lying in a pile of smoldering flesh with serious road rash and about 4' of dirt on top of my head, hand sticking out of the flaming/smoking pile still holding on to the leash loop.

Marley and Me sounds like a fantastic Movie. While I can't stand Owen Wilsons nose - I think he's a great actor with his own unique style.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I read the book awhile back. Anyone whose owned a dog can completely relate to this touching story. You're right...I laughed as much as I cried.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

Don't give it away. I haven't read it, yet. It's on my list, though.

And what is up with Owen Wilson's nose? Looks like it's been broken one too many times.