Meltdown and memory loss

Rednose

my 11 year old has always had trouble getting to sleep. Tonight he came back down and got very aggressive (pushing and shoving and throwing things). It took 20
Mins to get him to stop. I almost called an ambulance. Afterwards he was very hot, disoriented and claimed to remember none of it. I don’t know what to do .... does anybody have any words of advice? (He has no diagnosis though we suspect ADD and he has self-harmed in relation to be bullying in the past).

Rednose

He’s sleeping now but I’m going to try to get him into see the doctor today. He’s had tantrums before but this was wild and afterwards he claimed not to remember any of it

ARoomWithAView

Sounds like a possible sleep disorder, as was mentioned above. I would recommend, if possible, getting him an appointment with a neurologist who specializes in pediatric sleep disorders (are you near a children’s hospital?). At a minimum, I would get him in with a pediatric neurologist.

My son has been diagnosed with narcolepsy, so I do have some familiarity with sleep disorders.