Met with the new tdocs tonight

StressedM0mma

And they seem to be a great fit. difficult child knows both from php/iop. They seem super. Hopefully, it will be a good fit. She will be going to group every Sat. from 10-11:30, and then will be having individual once a week or once everyother week. I am very excited about it. Here is hoping she gets something from this.

T

TeDo

Praying she does and that they are smart enough to not be "snowed" by her ever. Glad it's people she is already familiar with. That makes such a huge difference sometimes.

StressedM0mma

I don't think she will be able to "snow" them since they actually remember her from her time in php/iop. So, that is a good thing. It is hard to tell them everything in a 30 min. "see if we fit" kind of meeting. And, at this one, I didn't have any alone time to express my concerns over "what happens after H.S."

B

Bunny

I'm glad to hear that it seems like a good fit. I hope that she gets something out of it.

StressedM0mma

Thanks. I hope she does too. I am hoping that the group she goes to on Sat. is a help and not a hindrance. I worry that she will pick up on others "issues" and make them hers as well. Time will tell.

InsaneCdn

We've had more success with teen groups than individual tdocs.
The kids seem to really hold each other accountable - I assume that's partly the result of a good faciltator, but still - teens tend to listen more to other teens, than to adults, AND they tend to see others' problems more clearly than their own... so they can really help each other.

StressedM0mma

IC, I am hoping that is the case. She seemed to like group when she was in php/iop. And this is a small one with about 7 other kids I think. She just always sits there, often won't participate because of the anxiety. It is a 6 week session so we will keep our fingers pretzeled we see some progress.

InsaneCdn

small is good - our groups were 10.
All it takes is for her to connect with one other teen... someone she can help. Once they have something to give, it's easier to receive.

StressedM0mma

Thanks IC. I am so holding out hope for this. I am taking some deep breaths, and thinking good thoughts. I asked her if she would do this, and she said yes. So, it won't be me having to force her to go. I hate anxiety. And, I hate that she won't/can't open up to me about what is really bugging her.

InsaneCdn

SM? In all fairness? There's no way I would have opened up to my mom as a teenager, either. Not just anybody else, but mom was the bottom of the list. It's a teen thing, best I can tell!

StressedM0mma

Oh, IC I know I am the very bottom of the list, and I am OK with that, I wish she would talk to SOMEONE that can help her. It is also hard, because easy child has always been one to talk to me about everything. She is just a very open person. And, difficult child is the polar opposite. It is hard, because she wants us to help/fix things yet she won't tell us what it is.