Midnight brain

JMom

Okay peeps, I started midnight shift 3 weeks ago, (9pm-7am) and I have midnight brain. I never know what day it is and have to use a Monday-Sunday pill box and alarms to remember EVERYTHING. LAWD help me!

200Meters

A real bustard
Eek.

Reminds me of when I would be assigned the dreaded 23:00-07:00 shift back when I was still doing annual reserve duty. Being on motorized patrol was OK; you and the rest of the crew would keep each other awake. Being alone in a guard tower was the worst. A thermos of very strong Turkish coffee kept me awake. I would be a zombie the next day but what choice did I have?

Good luck!

JMom

Eek.

Reminds me of when I would be assigned the dreaded 23:00-07:00 shift back when I was still doing annual reserve duty. Being on motorized patrol was OK; you and the rest of the crew would keep each other awake. Being alone in a guard tower was the worst. A thermos of very strong Turkish coffee kept me awake. I would be a zombie the next day but what choice did I have?

Good luck!
Thank you! I work alone, so coffee is my best friend!

200Meters

A real bustard
You've got to try Turkish coffee. You can buy Israeli stuff at any kosher grocery store. I imagine that Arabic, Greek or Turkish groceries would have it too. It's medium-high roasted beans ground till they're pulverized. You can put a heaping spoonful in your mug and add boiling water or you can get one of these:

upload_2020-2-6_15-10-24.png

and make it the old-fashioned way.

Coffee is definitely one of G-d's cooler inventions.