Mission Accomplished!!

JKF

After calling the OTA nonstop all day I was finally able to get difficult child off the streets and into a motel. He's approved for 7 nights but I will fight to keep him there longer if necessary. After the social worker called to tell me he was approved I immediately got in the car and raced to the town he was in to find him. He has no phone so he wouldn't have known otherwise. I found him pretty easily and was so happy to see him even though he looked - well - homeless. Sigh. His belongings - Including his medications- were stolen so we'll have to figure that out tomorrow but he's off the streets.

Anyway - I drove him to the hotel myself so I know he's safe. I gave him $20 for food and will bring some groceries tomorrow. I bought him some clothes so he had something clean to put on. He called before and said he was all showered and couldn't wait to sleep.

I can't wait to sleep either. What a journey this whole thing has been and I know it's far from over so I'll take this respite and rest up for the next battle.

InsaneCdn

Each time you "win" against the system, HE knows that you're still on his side.
This isn't an easy road for either of you... but it's the right road to get from where he is now, to where he needs to be.

Way To Go, Warrior Mom!

JKF

Thank you all so much! I definitely intend to rest. I'm exhausted. Might not even make it to 'H*ll's Kitchen' at 8. lol

When we were on our way to the motel he looked at me with his beautiful hazel eyes and said "thank you mom - I mean it - thank you for not giving up on me." And then he started tearing up. Which in turn made ME cry.

Again, I can never thank you all enough for the support and encouragement I've gotten and will continue to receive here. Maybe now that my mind is at peace a little I can finally start responding to some threads on here and GIVE some support and encouragement to you all instead of taking it all the time!

Calamity Jane

You are one great mom - I'm amazed at you. I'm sure he appreciates the clothes, the shower and the private bed - it is incredible what things we often take for granted.
I hope his life takes a turn for the better. My prayers are with you.

StressedM0mma

What a great thread to read. I am so happy for you. I cannot imagine the worry. I am glad he has a place. Take a deep breath and have a good nights sleep.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I just got home and what an incredibly wonderful surprise, I imagine you are beyond relieved. We all are too!! Whew. You did a remarkable job JKF, wow, I am so impressed. You are certainly a WARRIOR MOM and then some................I imagine you are sound asleep right now, after this very long week of worry and doing battle. Sleep well. Your son must be so happy to be in a clean bed with clean clothes and a clean body.............nice going. I am so happy for you.................take a breather now, just rest for a few days, no need to jump into action doing anything, just breathe and rest.....hugs.....