Mom Still on Life Support

Crayola13

Thank you for the prayers and kind words. Things look very bleak. The ventilator saved my mom's life, but now they can't get her off it.The doctor doesn't know if she will live. I don't see how the damage can be undone. The lungs were damaged too greatly. Thanks everyone for being strong when I couldn't be strong for myself.

MissLulu

Dear Crayola,

I'm so sad for you and your mom. My mom was on a ventilator at the end of her life and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Copabanana

I came here looking for an update, Crayola, and to let you know that I continue to pray for your mother and your family.

Crayola13

She squeezed the nurse's hand today, but is still barely clinging to life. I don't want to get my hopes up like last time. They are reducing the sedatives to help her wake up, but every time they do that she either goes into distress or it just doesn't work. I just know she is going to die. I don't say that to my dad.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtfulness. It really helps to have people around us either in person, on the phone, or internet. My dad is having an especially hard time today. He's bored and lonely. I think I might go to his house and decorate for autumn. Maybe it will give him something to do.

Copabanana

She squeezed the nurse's hand today, but is still barely clinging to life. I don't want to get my hopes up like last time.
Dear Crayola

The whole world is in crisis and living day by day whether they acknowledge it or not. Nobody knows what the next day will bring. I think this is the hardest thing in the whole world to live floating in the air not knowing what will be.

Your Mom may not have been able to handle waking up because she wasn't ready. Yet. She may be yet. We are all of us praying. For her nad for your family.

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
Crayola, also sending you prayers, love and hugs. My heart is heavy for you.

HMBgal

It sounds like she's still in there, fighting the good fight. :staystrong: I know our little community here is holding you and your family in our hearts.

Crayola13

My mom died Sunday. The kind words and prayers from people like all of you have made it easier. My dad has been inconsolable. I am doing OK now because I had already grieved her when all this first happened. When they said ventilator and Covid in the same sentence, I knew she didn't have a chance. I'm eating and sleeping now.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I'm so sorry Crayola.

Prayers for you and your family.

May your mother's soul rest in peace.