more letters

Teriobe

Got some from son in prison. Really dont feel anything while reading them anymore. He calls once a wk and talks about the same thing he writes. Not interested in daily prison life. Did that for four years the first time. Took my granddaughter up north to a deer farm. Was nice. She goes back home next wknd. Been in kid mode for the month of july, so alittle excited to get going on making a life for myself, job, etc.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Teriobe;
Take care of yourself and live your life. Detaching is a good thing it protects us. I am in the process of learning how to detach. I lay awake stressing about the issues at hand. If I throw my son out he will not have a way to work, he will lose his job, how will he get to school in the fall. Then I stop and realize these are his issues not mine and if he does not respect the rules of the house he has got to go. It is his choice in life what path he takes if he continues the way he is he will wind up in jail some day too. The drug use has been reduced but it's still there and the behaviour and attitude are not great.

pigless in VA

Teriobe, I'm so glad that you've been able to spend all month with your granddaughter. Did she ever get to speak to her dad on the phone?