Mother

pasajes4

My mother is slipping away. She is spilling all of her deepest darkest secrets. This morning I learned that I am not my fathers child. She got pregnant with me after my father was stationed else where. It does answer the question why I look so different from my siblings and why my father had little to mothing to do with me.

BusynMember

I am so, so sorry for this rather late revelation about your father. I wonder why she didn't tell you before! (Sigh) I know what it is like BOY DO I KNOW to have a difficult mother. It isn't fun.

I hope you are doing okay with all this. You do not reveal your emotions.

Love and light!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
That's a big piece of truth to digest.....I hope it brings you some peace and comfort to know the truth.....sending hugs and my prayers as you process this new information.....

pasajes4

I kind of knew or at least suspected that this was the case when I was 15. My father"s mother said something that led me to suspect that this was the case. SWOT, I don't have any feelings about it one way or another.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Wow that is a huge bomb to drop. No emotiOne one way or another Passa, that is a very strong statement for someone receiving this news. Can you elaborate more?

I am so sorry you are facing the loss of your mother. I lost my mother a year ago and the end of May and my father the year prior. It is a loneliness that is hard to describe. I do not regret their passing for their sake and comfort; and yet I am lost and sad all the same. I do hope your mother is comfortable.

Triedntrue

It has been 10 years since i lost my mom and I still miss her she was my biggest support with my difficult child. She developed alzheimers so i pray she has found peace. I hope that the news your mom gave you does not diminish your relationship in these last hours.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh Pasa, that is quite something to learn. As you said, you now have an understanding of why you look different and why the man you knew as your father had little to do with you.
Sending you love and hugs as you go through this very difficult time.

Nomad

Staff member
OMG. That is a LOT of information to take in. I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))

I have a relative and a few years after his mom died, a man came out of the woodwork and said he was his brother. My relative is in his mid to late sixties. I don't know all the details, but somehow he found out it was true. His mother had a baby out of wedlock and never told a soul.

Blessings and good thoughts during this difficult time.

pasajes4

I'm doing ok. Mother's memory is firmly rooted in the past in a time when none of her children existed. It does not seem to be a happy place. Physically she is hanging on by a thread. She does not seem to be in any discomfort.

I feel like I'm mentally/ emotionally numb right now. It is a protective state for the time being.

New Leaf

Oh Pasa, I just stumbled upon this post now. Much love to you and prayers going up for your continued strength in this difficult time.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy