Moving, boats, and retirement is busy!!

BusynMember

A life update, if anyone cares.

We bought our house and have been over there every day since, but we aren't ready to move in yet.

We found a nice pontoon boat and bought it and it should be lots of fun for both us and Jumper. I am already excited about inviting my friends to go on it and having family parties and outings on it. I do need to learn to fish.

Two ladies in my apartment that I still live in have always been fun neighbors, but now have become friends and both are willing to be references for me when my hub and I try to adopt an adorable rescue dog. He is a black Chihuahua that was rescued from euthanasia because he has a neurological disorder. I have seen dogs with the disorder. They fall a lot but don't know it and we always wanted to rescue at least one dog with special needs. I cried when I read his history. So sad. But we hope to make him the happiest pup ever!

Jumper works near us in Corrections. She has twelve hours shifts and often stops by after work wanting to talk. It's not an easy job and it can get emotional. She is so strong. We are so proud. She and Hunter finally finished fixing up their home and they are moving in now so we are helping each other move and are very busy. It's so special to see her so much.

Sonic bowls every Thursday and we go watch him and cheer. He is just sooooo sweet and funny. He comes around quite a bit too.

At the end of June we are all going down to see Princess on one of Jumpers weekends off for a triple birthday celebration....Jumper, Princess, and Little Princess. Or Princess may come up here with the grand and stay with one of us. Nothing certain yet.

Who says retirement is boring?

Love to all!!

Last edited:

pasajes4

SWOT, You deserve every bit of happiness that comes your way. I am uber excited for your upcoming adventures. Let the wild rumpus begin.

Pink Elephant

A life update, if anyone cares.

We bought our house and have been over there every day since, but we aren't ready to move in yet.

We found a nice pontoon boat and bought it and it should be lots of fun for both us and Jumper. I am already excited about inviting my friends to go on it and having family parties and outings on it. I do need to learn to fish.

Two ladies in my apartment that I still live in have always been fun neighbors, but now have become friends and both are willing to be references for me when my hub and I try to adopt an adorable rescue dog. He is a black Chihuahua that was rescued from euthanasia because he has a neurological disorder. I have seen dogs with the disorder. They fall a lot but don't know it and we always wanted to rescue at least one dog with special needs. I cried when I read his history. So sad. But we hope to make him the happiest pup ever!

Jumper works near us in Corrections. She has twelve hours shifts and often stops by after work wanting to talk. It's not an easy job and it can get emotional. She is so strong. We are so proud. She and Hunter finally finished fixing up their home and they are moving in now so we are helping each other move and are very busy. It's so special to see her so much.

Sonic bowls every Thursday and we go watch him and cheer. He is just sooooo sweet and funny. He comes around quite a bit too.

At the end of June we are all going down to see Princess on one of Jumpers weekends off for a triple birthday celebration....Jumper, Princess, and Little Princess. Or Princess may come up here with the grand and stay with one of us. Nothing certain yet.

Who says retirement is boring?

Love to all!!
in my opinion... those who are bored in retirement are boring themselves. I tell everyone I talk to regarding retirement, the world is in your hands as far as doing anything and everything you want to, for as long as you want, with whoever you want, anytime you want. Do enjoy, SOT.

BusynMember

Thanks! We will be as active as we can for as long as we can. My Dad didn't sit on his butt and unless I get sick neither will I. I hope to take after him ;)